.64

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Wednesday February 23rd 2016
Toronto, Canada.

The only person I want to tell, I can't tell. But I can tell Drake since he's on the song.

I walk as fast as I can to SOTA. That's where you can find Drake these days. And there's his name on the board, next to Rihanna's. I jog down the corridor and burst into the room.

"Work is number 1 on the charts" I say extremely bubbly which flies out the window as soon as I see Jahron is in the room. I can't handle seeing him every day now that we've broken up. My heart aches because we aren't a We anymore. I can barely sleep without him. But it's my fault and I can't say anything.

"Damn forreal?" Drake says.

"Yea" I say, all the excitement snatched out of my voice.

"You two are amazing. This is thanks to y'all. Y'all make a great team. Thank you" Rihanna says speaking to Jahron and I.

"Ain't a ting Rob" Jahron says.

"I have to get back to work" I state.

"Kita why you lying? You know you ain't got no work on Wednesday" Drake says. Rihanna looks like she's caught on.

"I gotta go speak to Steve init" I say.

"Aight come back though" I give him a smile before turning and walking away. I take my work phone out and scroll through until I get to Wiz. The phone rings a couple of times.

"Hello?" He says.

"Hey Cam"

"Hi Cakes" he says.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure wassup?"

"Can I come and do some A&R work for Taylor Gang. For a little while?"

"I would love to have you here but don't you already have a job?"

"I do. But I want a change of scenery. Clear my head."

"Sure. When will you be here?"

"Tomorrow" I say.

"Damn. Okay. See you tomorrow"

"Promise me you won't tell Keem"

"I promise" he says, hesitating slightly. We share our goodbyes. I get to Steve's office and he's not busy.

"Hi Steve" I say with a smile.

"Hi Nakita. What can I do for you?"

"Can I use some of my leave days now?" I ask.

"What do you mean now?"

"As in from tomorrow can I not be here?"

"This is a really busy time. You've got events to plan, albums to run. How can you go now?"

"I know it's a busy time. I just don't want to be here. I will still do the work... I just won't do it here."

"And when do I expect to have you back?"

"If anything urgently requires my presence, I will be here. I promise"

"And where are you going?"

"I will be in the US."

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I am fine" I say each word separately, forcing them out.

"Okay Nakita. But don't let me down. We bent over backwards to get you this job"

"I know Steve. I got you"