.51

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Thursday August 20th 2015
Toronto, Canada.

Going back to work on Monday was harder than it's ever been. But I can't lie and say I haven't missed my office, my job and my artists. Being in charge of something and knowing my purpose is something I like personally. I'm honestly mostly excited because future is here in Canada in order to able to work with Drake for the album. Their collab was accepted and I'm expecting it to be fire.

My office door opens and I'm merely surprised to see his face. I give him a smile before looking back down at the file.  I haven't seen him since we got back on Sunday. He had to go to New York since he's working with Amir Obe on a couple of songs.

"Kita?" He says as he approaches my desk and takes a seat.

"AJ?" I've become accustomed to referring to him as AJ after spending two weeks in Jamaica with him.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

"I'm fine why?"

"Nothing ain't a-"

"You can't come to my office and insinuate that I'm not okay so what is it?" I say looking up, making eye contact with him for the first time. I didn't mean to snap.

"You've been a lil off since we got back."

"I am fine"

"Was you meeting my family too much? Like-"

"No AJ. I loved meeting your family."

"So what's wrong?" He asks and I can see the worry behind his eyes.

"It's not your fault. I had a fight with Rachel" I state.

"Rachel?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Raye"

"Damn you must be mad to call her Rachel. Don't worry me like that man. You my girl and I thought I'd just bombarded you with alla my family"

"No Nino. Aww you're so cute when you're worried. I'm sorry I worried you. Me and Rachel never fight that's all. We had a fight about you actually and it escalated to her telling me she's engaged."

"A nigga ain't cute baby. But I ain't never heard of you and Raye fighting to be honest. It'll work out" he says.

"The bitch didn't even tell me she was engaged. I called Stembi and even Stembi knew. Stembi doesn't even live on the same continent" I stand up walk round my desk to him. I sit down on his lap and wrap my arms around him.

"Somebody was frontin. I knew you missed me" he says as he weaves his hands around my waist.

"I have missed you."

"I missed you too even though I spent two entire weeks with you" he says as he caresses the small of my back.

"I like that" I say. He's comfortable to tell me how he's feeling when we're alone. I kiss his cheek. His lips meet mine.

"What's really weird is having to sleep alone after sleeping next to you for so long" I say.

"I know the feeling"

"And umm I need to take you to my Tete's house"

"Why?"

"Basically my Tete needs to give me her blessing before you can meet my parents. It's just tradition"

"Yea yea sure. When do you wanna go?"

"How's Saturday? She lives in Ottawa so we gotta leave early. It's a hella long drive"