.03

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Thursday October 24th 2013
Toronto, Canada.

"Delilah is here" I yell at myself in my head as Dawn speaks through the intercom. I'm so organised when it comes to others but when it comes to me, not so much.

"She can come in" I say and she enters my office a few moments later.

"Hey best friend" she says as she walks into the room

"Hey boo" I say as I continue to type away on my computer.

"Umm I thought we had lunch?" She says as she remains standing.

"I know just let me finish this"

"You always working. Can't you do it when you get back?"

"I don't wanna lose my thought okay?"

"Whatchu doing?"

"Not that it's confidential information or anything but Drake's European tour"

"You know I gotchu. I know the business" She's a makeup artist for celebrities. She lives in New York but she's here for a couple of weeks.

I lock my computer before grabbing my purse. We leave my office and I lock the door. Dawn's phone rings. I stop for a moment.

"Nakita's office, Dawn speaking, how may I help you?" She says and the person responds. She mouths to me that it's Jahron and I shrug.

"She's about to leave for lunch what's up?" She says. She holds the phone up to me and I take it from her.

"Hello?" I say.

"You don't have to talk to me or whatever but I need to get back into the studio to finish that track"

"I'm free this afternoon"

"I've got a meeting" he says.

"Tomorrow then?"

"Tomorrow is when Drake is here to finish the track remember" the days are literally going by so quickly.

"I'm supposed to stay late anyways to finish some paperwork. I'll meet you in the studio at 7" I say.

"Thanks" he says before hanging up.

**

We take our seats at Pizza Hut. I've been dying for a pizza all week so what better day than today when I get to see my best friend?

We order our food and once it comes, we begin eating.

"Was that Party on the phone?" She asks.

"Yea how you know?"

"Your eyes roll differently when you speak to him" she says making me laugh.

"I helped him and Aubrey on a track. Little did I know I'd have to spend hours alone with him."