.58

~~ Nakita T. Ncube ~~
Wednesday December 9th 2015
Toronto, Canada.

I rush down to SOTA where I've been called to come by five different people - Jahron, Boi-1da, Noah, Gadget and Manny. I knock on the door a little before opening it and they're all sat there looking like train wrecks. It's 10am but judging by their faces I know what's up. Jahron and I spent yesterday from around 4pm to 2am mixing this song. The song originated from the song which DJ RetroActive sent us and a song which Jahron and I danced to in Hawaii. We spent hours upon hours trying to get the two to fit and rhythm. Then we figured it wouldn't work until we added another rhythm to it. And after we did, I went home. But Jahron's face says otherwise and explains why I slept, or attempted to, alone last night.

"Y'all still ain't figured it out?" I ask.

"Kita this song will go hard if we get it right" Noah says.

"Sitting here from 2am until 10am isn't going to help. No more coffee either. Just lie down or some shit. Especially you Jahron. You been here an entire day" I say standing beside him. He gets up, allowing me to sit down.

"You were here from 4 until 2 yesterday. That's 10 hours" Boi-1da says and he has a point.

"Well there's 5 of y'all so y'all should have done it by now"

"We can't agree" Jahron says and he's still stood behind me even though I told him to go sit down.

"What we got?" I say rolling up my sleeves. Noah hits play on the mixer of sample one. Once that's over Boi-1da hits play on sample two. Gadget hits play on sample 3. These niggas always forget to delayer shit if you can't figure it out. I slide across on my chair to sample one because that one sounds the best. I transfer the first three layers as they are the actual song. I then take a single sound from that sample and place it onto sample four. I slide over to sample three where I take two sounds and add them in before taking one sound from sample two.

"Nakita that sounds like shit" Jahron says and I turn around to glare at him.

"Take your ass to sleep. I ain't fucking witchu" I say and he winks at me making me have to fight a smile.

"No offence but he's right. What is that?" Manny says.

"Your best sounds in one. All you gotta do is get em to fit together"

"My ears are bleeding yo." Boi-1da says exaggerating. I pause it and slide some shit around whilst muting certain layers.

**

It takes about an hour for it to get there. Noah had to go back up to his office whilst Manny and Gadget went to get some coffee. Jahron leans over me editing my work a little.

"Yooooo!" Boi-1da exclaims.

"Matt!" I exclaim back as we all take it in.

"Holy fucking shit." Jahron says and the smile I've been waiting for appears on his face. I can't even help but to jump up and down. The door opens and Gadget and Manny walk in. At first they're confused but then they lose their shits.

"Kita and Jahron y'all did it" Gadget says. I look at him grinning. I swirl round to Jahron. I have an excuse for my behaviour because I'm a girl. He pulls me into him and kisses me softly.

"You did it baby" he says.

"I fucking knew it y'all. Gimme my $100s niggas" Boi-1da says bringing both Jahron and I out of our moment.

"Y'all we just lost 100 big ones cause of you two" Manny says.

"No wonder Aubs ain't join in. He already knew didn't he?" Boi-1da says.