01| hogwarts

"I can tell we're going to be great friends."

authors note: chapters 1-18 is the buildup story, but if you want to skip to the main plot, skip to chapter 19

Y/N POV

Taking a deep breath in, I took a moment to study the busy atmosphere of Kings Cross Station. Behind me, several families scurried through the barrier between platforms 9 and 10, anxious to board the train on time. As I exhaled the air from my lungs, I watched as the Hogwarts Express began to slow to a stop just before me. The sight of the train brought a strong mix of emotions — joy and fear. Hesitantly, I turned to my right, glancing up at my parents with a worried look.

Noticing my discomfort, my mother replied with a reassuring smile, placing her hand gently on my shoulder as she spoke, "Don't worry, sweetheart. I was nervous on my first day, too."

"Really?" I questioned, my eyes locking with hers. "How long did the feeling last?"

My mother softly laughed, "Oh, not long at all. After I stepped on that train, I quickly found a seat in one of the open compartments. It turns out, your father was seated in the same one. We talked the entire train ride, and when we arrived, I realized I wasn't so nervous anymore."

Beside her, my father flashed a smile, "She's right. We've been inseparable ever since."

"So, in order to be happy, I have to find my future husband on the train?" I replied, furrowing my eyebrows. "That makes no sense."

"No, no, no." My mother assured. "Seek out people you find interesting, people you would like to get to know. From there, you can form strong friendships."

"Y/n," My father added, bending down to my eye level. "You have nothing to worry about. You are the strongest witch your mother and I have ever known. I promise you, you will do great things someday."

I immediately hugged them both as tightly as I could, grateful for their love and guidance. After a few moments of embrace, I heard the final train whistle blow, signaling its departure. Pulling away, I quickly said my goodbyes and headed over to the boarding area.

After climbing onto the train, I chose to down in one of the empty compartments, for they were much more peaceful. As I gazed out the window, I thought once more about what my mother said about friendship.

Maybe I should go meet some people.

"I swear this guys an idiot!" A voice boasted, coming from not too far away.

Widening my gaze, my heart rate began to quicken as the voice grew nearer.  Whoever this boy was, he did not sound charming in the slightest.

Rounding the corner, the boy approached my compartment door with his friends snickering just behind him. Once he saw me seated in the back corner, he stopped in his tracks. As he paused, I took a moment to study his features. The young boy had slicked back platinum blonde hair, light blue/grey eyes, and a smirk lingering on his lips.