14| new friend

"Not one word about this, Clearwater."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I was sitting in the Great Hall eating breakfast, when a light blonde haired girl approached our table. She was wearing purple tights, a multi-colored skirt, and her Ravenclaw robe. I recognized her fairly quickly. She was a first year, from the Lovegood family. My parents were good friends with hers.

"Hello." She said kindly to all of us.

Before I could respond, Ron burst out laughing.

"Look guys! It's Loony Lovegood!" Ron said and laughed. The whole Gryffindor table then burst out laughing, all except for me.

To my surprise, Luna didn't seem to mind Ron's comment. She just nodded her head and left the Great Hall.

"Ron!" I yelled, causing him to flinch. "Why'd you say that?"

"Relax, it's just a joke," Ron replied.

Rolling my eyes and letting out a groan, I stood up from my seated position and followed after the blonde. As soon as I passed through the large doors, I looked around for her. Thankfully, her oddly colored clothing made her easy to spot. Racing up to her, I called loudly, "Hey! Luna wait up!" 

Turning around to face me, Luna replied, "Hello, y/n."

"Luna, listen," I began, my eyes filling with guilt. "I'm so sorry about Ron back there. I don't know why he even said that-"

"It's okay, I don't mind. People always call me that." She said.

"But that's not okay," I argued, shaking my head in protest. "People shouldn't call you that. I'll have a word with Ron and the others when I get back."

"Thank you, you're very kind," replied Luna, sending me a small smile. 

Draco's POV

I was sitting in the Great Hall eating breakfast when I heard a lout burst of laughter coming from the Gryffindor table. Of course, this wasn't anything out of the ordinary, for most of the Gryffindors were obnoxiously loud and annoying in the morning. 

"Look guys! It's Loony Lovegood!" Ron yelled.

At the familiar name, I lifted my gaze and glanced over at their table. Surely enough, Luna was standing beside them, watching as they all laughed at Weasley's joke. It didn't take long before she turned around and left the Great Hall, y/n following closely behind.

Setting down my fork, I stood up from the table and decided to follow after them. Not that it was anyones business, but I considered Luna to be one of my friends. I met her in the beginning of the year, she was roaming in the forest by herself. She told me stories about weird creatures that I've never heard of. I hadn't seen her since.