20| a deal with draco

"So we are really doing this huh?"

Y/N POV

After hearing those words, I stared at my mother blankly. My entire body remained frozen in place as my brain desperately tried to process what was happening.

"W-what?" I stuttered, swallowing the huge lump in my throat.

This can't be happening. I cannot date Draco Malfoy. Not even fake date. This is too much.

"Oh honey, it's okay. I understand that you feel embarrassed." She said, leaning forward and giving me a hug.

"That's not the only thing I feel right now." I mumbled angrily.

Before my mother could surprise me with anything else, I turned away from her and raced over to Draco Malfoy, abruptly yanking him away from his friends.

"Bloody hell, y/n," Draco yelped, his feet finding difficulty to keep up with mine.

I pulled him back into the hallway and looked back to make sure nobody followed us. When the coast was clear, I turned back to Draco with a horrified expression, causing his eyebrows to furrow in confusion.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked.

"What's wrong?" I replied, my voice rising with anger and confusion. "What's wrong is that everyone now thinks we're a couple!"

Before me, Draco blinked twice with a dumbfounded expression, "...so?"

"What do you mean so?" I bellowed, rubbing my hands over my face. "We need to tell them that this isn't true."

"What? No!" He argued, shaking his head in protest.

I stopped pacing and turned to him, my eyes widening in shock, "Why not?!"

"Because! Pansy is finally not bothering me! I can finally be alone with my friends without her hugging me or touching me in some way!" Draco said back.

I blinked once, "Okay, that's gross."

"You know what I mean," Draco sighed, rubbing his fingers over his eyes. "Just please, can you do this for me?"

"Do what?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. "Fake date you?"

Draco shrugged, smiling innocently as he answered, "Come on, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world."

"Woah, woah, woah. No way in hell im going to date you." I said.

"Why not?" He asked, puzzled with my response.

"Because..." I trailed off, doing my best to come up with a logical reason. "Because, I don't want to."

Lifting an eyebrow, Draco crossed his arms over his rest and replied, "You don't want to? Come on, it's not like it's real, y/n. Nothing is going to change."

"Yeah, right," I replied, my voice filled with sarcasm.

"Please, please, please, please," Draco begged, practically getting onto his knees.

"Oh my god, fine," I spoke, grabbing his arms and pulling him up. "Just get off the ground."

"Yes!" Draco exclaimed.

Running a hand stressfully through my hair, I muttered under my breath, "I can't believe this is happening."

"So, are we going to do this?" He asked, his hand reaching out and grabbing my arm gently.

Lifting my gaze to meet his, I tugged my arm out of his grasp and questioned him, "What's in it for me?"

"Uh..." Draco trailed off, pausing for a moment as a sly smirk appeared on his lips. "You'll be able to date the most attractive boy at Hogwarts."