26| we've got a problem

"Watch where your going Gryffindork!"

Y\N POV

"But....how do you, you know..." I trailed off, nervously fixating my gaze on the ground below.

"How do you preform the charm?" Lupin asked me.

"Y-yes." I stuttered, my mind racing back to the moment when the silvery blue glow shot out of my wand miraculously.

Looking up at Professor Lupin, my lips formed a slight frown, "I don't know how I did it, if that makes any since. I may just be going mad, I-"

"No, y/n, you're not going mad," Lupin assured me, shaking his head. "You're ability is incredibly rare, that's all. You are able to preform the charm naturally, which proves that you are indeed a powerful young witch."

I tried to speak, try to tell the Professor that he was mad for thinking of me that way. I wasn't some incredible witch, I was Y/N Clearwater. Just Y/N Clearwater.

"Alright, let's try it then, shall we?" Lupin began.

Alert flashed in my eyes, my first instinct telling me to shake my head, tell him I'm not ready. But, I did not want to disappoint him. After all, he was the one who offered to meet with me to work on this charm.

"Well, go on then."

I tried to stay as calm as possible when gripping onto my wand, just to convince myself that I must be strong enough to preform this charm. Professor Lupin believed in me, so why shouldn't I?

"Remember, think happy thoughts, the happiest thoughts you can think of-"

It was then something flipped inside of me, causing me to lower my wand. I then shook my head whilst turning back to the Professor, who shot me a look of confusion.

"I don't know how," I shook my head in embarrassment. "I...I can't do it."

"Yes you can, you just need more time to pr-" Lupin started, but someone walked in, stopping him mid-sentence.

"Professor, I was wondering if you could teach me-" Harry stopped when he saw me.

"Y/n?" Harry asked.

"Uh...hi." I said.

"Harry! Come in, come in." Lupin said, waving Harry in.

What is he doing here?

"I can come later if you're busy." Harry said.