51| death eater

"Why are you such a fuck up?!"

Y/N POV

Sky propped herself up on the windowsill, dropping a letter on the top of my head—waking me up from my deep sleep.

For a second—life was simple. No worries in the world. Like I was floating on a cloud.

"What is it?" I asked, grabbing the letter and carefully opening it. I finally got the card open and read:

Dear y/n,

I heard about you and Draco, and I have sent you this letter because I need to let you know something. As you know, your father and Mr. Malfoy have become particularly close throughout these years. We have recently found that Lucious is a Death Eater, and we ourselves have pondered on this thought. I don't want you to worry, but your father and I are now followers of the Dark Lord. He will protect us as long as we stay loyal. I know you may think differently, but this is what is best. We will discuss this later, when you return home.

P.S. Honey, please make up with Draco. We would not want the Dark Lord insulted by your childish actions.

Love, Mum.

I dropped the letter on the floor—my heart began to beat like thunder. This could not be happening. How could they? This isn't right! They are kind, gentle, caring, nothing like the Dark Lord. This is strange.

I took a deep breath and relaxed, picking up the letter and shoving the it into my pocket and walking down to the Great Hall for breakfast.

This could not effect me—not yet. I need to stay calm. But I don't know how much longer I can hold up. It's like.....I'm slowly breaking. Just one more thing could make me tumble down.

───────────────

"Mmm, breakfast of champions." Ron snarks, sitting down in the Great Hall along with Seamus and Dean following close behind.

The red-haired boy stretched his legthy arm across the table to grab a piece of toast, but as he draws back he notices how my cheek has turned a nasty dark purple. I notice him him staring, and I try my best to turn away.

"Hey—woah! What happened to your face?" Ron asked.

At first I didn't know how to reply, I was wary of how I would explain it. If I appeared too anxious or spoke to quickly they might think the worst, but if I took too long to mention it they might assume I'm avoiding the topic and come to the same conclusion. The best thing I could do was act dumb, maybe that would lighten the mood.

"Gee, thanks." I said, looking down at my plate while trying to bring comedic relief to the incident. "Am I that unattractive, Ron?"

But the boy completely ignored the joke.

"I meant the bruise, it's ghastly. What happened?" He asked once again, this time with concern in his voice.

I growled and dropped my fork, turning around to face him. Should I tell him? Or should I make something up?

"I....fell." I said, touching the cut—obviously a bad idea because I winced from the pain.

Of course I wouldn't tell Ron what actually happened. If I did, he would blow. I just thought it was better to stay quiet.

"You fell?" Seamus questioned, his voice rising as the suspicion grew.

"Thats what I said," I snapped.

Hermione and Harry soon joined us, but not before repeating what Ron asked. I desperately tried to hide the bruise before they too could see it, but they already had before I had the chance.

"Y/n, what happened to your—" Harry began, causing me to completely snap.

"I fell, okay?!" I screamed, way too loud.

Almost the entire Great Hall stopped and stared at me with confusion. It seemed like everyone went on pause, the tension growing unbearable as everyone waited for some sort of explanation. Before I could even think, even speak...I stood up, pushed past the students and rushed out of the giant double doors. A few tears seemed to slip, but I quickly brushed them aside.

"Y/n?" Luna's soft voice called as I passed.

"Not now, Luna, I'm sorry," I replied without looking.

"No. I cannot cry. Not now. I have to stay strong." I told myself. But I couldn't hold it in.

Anxiety started to fill up inside me, and it got hard to breathe. I clenched my fists, my hands starting to sweat.I dashed through the halls, twisting and turning—running far away from the Great Hall. My heart rate increased and I started to feel light headed. I had to take out my anger someway, so I punched the wall, as hard as I could.

"Ah!" I yelled in pain as my fist impacted the hard cement. I was so stupid—of course it would hurt.

I looked down at my hand, which was now starting to bleed. But, blood didn't effect me anymore—I've already gone through so much pain.

I ignored the immense pain coming from my fist and kept on running. I found myself running up a flight of stairs, and into the Astronomy Tower. I ran and ran until I hit the railing, causing my body to jolt forward, almost sending me off.

I grasped the railing with my hands, and looked out into the sky.

I sobbed as I fell back, sitting down on the cold floor. Tears streamed down my face as I sat there, looking like a lost cause. This wasn't like me. I never cried. But today, I just felt as if my world was tumbling down. My parents and Draco were the only two things on my mind.

"Why are you such a fuck up?!" I screamed to myself, running my fingers through my hair.

I couldn't imagine what I could possibly be looking like right now. My hair was a mess, tear stains were noticeable all around my face, and my fists were bloody. I looked like a psychopath.

But who could blame me—I had been strong for too long. Everything that ever had happened to me built up like some sort of tower. I was only waiting for one more thing to be added, before my life came tumbling down right in front of me.

How could my parents become Death Eaters?

Draco's POV

"I fell, okay?!" I heard y/n yell from the other side of the Great Hall.

I looked up at her and the cut I gave her yesterday was extremely noticeable. I knew it would scar.

Goddamnit! Why did I have to hit her? I fucking love her! And all I do is fuck things up. It's okay, though. Tonight is the night when I kill Dumbledore—for good. Tonight is the night I prove myself worthy to the Dark Lord.

Y/n immediately ran out of the room, and my intention was to immediately get up and follow her. But if I did, I would distract myself from what is most important. So, I decided to sit and watch my lost love run away in tears.