36| the yule ball

"Don't hate me for doing this."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

I was breathing heavily. Not from the heat or fatigue, not from lack of physical capability. From fear. Genuine fear. I looked in the mirror and swayed back and forth. It was no secret, I was nervous. Gazing forward at my reflection, I studied the dress that I was utterly, completely in love with.

I then sat down on a chair and put on my high heels. When I stood up I felt very odd. I was at least 2 inches taller than I normally was. I don't think I will be able to wear these all night. Oh well, I'll just have Draco carry me!

I smiled to myself at the thought of that, and how yesterday he carried me up 5 flights of stairs.

"Are you ready to go, y/n?" Hermione asked me from the common room.

"Yes." I said, walking down the stairs.

"Wow! Y/n you look stunning!" Hermione said in awe.

"So do you!" I said and smiled.

"Come on! Let's go!" She said, grabbing my hand and leading me out.

As we made our way from the Gryffindor Tower to the Great Hall, I realized I was shivering with fear. Why was I so nervous? I've never been this nervous before.

I stopped at the corner and hid behind the wall just before walking down the stairs.

"Y/n? What's wrong?" Hermione asked, worriedly.

"N-nothing. I'm just a little nervous. Go on, I'll be right behind you." I told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes." I said and smiled.

"Okay." She said, turning around and walking down the staircase.

I heard a couple gasps from multiple people in awe. I couldn't blame them, Hermione looked beautiful.

I peaked out of the wall to see everyone standing at the bottom of the stairs. Draco, Harry, Hermione, Viktor, everyone.

"It's okay, y/n. You can do this. This is your night. Your night to have fun." I told myself.

The gentle breeze from the doors ahead brushed my hair and grazed my face, almost soothingly.  I began walking, taking one ragged breath after another, my shaking legs putting on a strong facade. As I slowly approached the staircase, I took the time to slow my pace and look ahead.