60| the battle pt.1

"I know who you really are. I know that you are not like them! I know deep down, that you are good."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

The battle has begun. Giants began to attack the entrance, while Death Eaters swarmed around the castle and began to fling curses everywhere.

"Confringo!" I yelled, sending a large fiery substance at the group of Death Eaters behind me, blasting them backwards.

I smirked slightly and began running again. Time was running out, and I knew soon that I would be at a dead end. Being me, I tripped over someone on the ground.

"Damn." I said, getting back up and looking at the person.

It was a young wizard who seemed to be unconscious—but with just my luck, beside him was a Firebolt.

"Sweet." I said, grasping it from off the ground.

"Y/n!" Oliver Wood said from behind me, his eyes widening with delight.

"Hey, Oliver." I said and sighed in relief, as I thought it was a Death Eater coming to attack me.

"I see you've got a Firebolt there! We are looking for reinforcements that could help us attack from above—can you help us?" He pleaded.

I looked down and thought for a moment, and without thinking I nodded. I've never ridden a Firebolt before, and I don't know if I'll be good.

"Awesome! Let's go!" He said, kicking off the ground and soaring into the smoke-filled sky.

I followed his actions, but not as swiftly. After a few moments, I got used to the Firebolts speedy reflexes and zoomed through the air.

"We need to take down the viaduct!" Oliver shouted, charging downward.

I nodded and followed, pulling out my wand.

"Expulso!" I shout, exploding the viaduct in a ball of blue light and smoke.

Oliver looked over at me in pure admiration, and I smiled cheerfully. While celebrating, my broom took a hit from below and started to spin. Just as I was about to fall, Oliver caught me and flew me safely down.

"Thank you so much!" I said, catching my breath.

"No problem." He said and smiled. "Go join the others in the quad, they'll need you. I'll continue to guard from above."