55| dark times

"Fine. If you won't join us, then you are our enemy. Leave."

Y/N POV

"Severus," Voldemort called from the end of the table, causing all of us to stop talking and look towards the entryway.

"I was beginning to worry you had lost your way. Come, we've saved you a seat." He said, and Snape swiftly took a seat beside the Dark Lord.

"You bring news, I trust?" He asked.

"It will happen Saturday next, at nightfall." Snape replied, so quickly it was almost suspicious.

"I've heard differently, my lord. Dawlish, The Auror, has let slip that the Potter boy will not be moved until the 30th of this month. The day before he turns 17." A man to the left of me said with a rough voice.

"This is a false trail." Snape said sternly. "The Auror Office no longer plays any part in the protection of Harry Potter. Those closest to him believe we have infiltrated the Ministry."

"Well, they got that right, haven't they?" Another man said with a laugh, causing many others to chuckle.

I continued to stay still and not mutter a word.

"Just stay quiet and everything will be fine." My mother told me.

"What say you, Pius?" Voldemort said to the man seated directly across from him.

"One hears many things, my Lord. Whether the truth is among them is not clear." He said, glancing down at the snake beside him.

"Heh. Spoken like a true politician. You will, I think, prove most useful, Pius." He said and turned to Snape. "Where will he be taken, the boy?"

"To a safe house. Most likely the home of someone on the Order. I'm told it's been given every manner of protection possible. Once there, it will be impractical to attack him." Shape said cautiously.

I can't let them get to Harry. He is my friend. If he wants to kill him he'll have to go through me first.

"Ahem. My Lord. I'd like to volunteer myself for this task. I want to kill the boy." Bellatrix said hungrily, leaning herself onto the table.

"AHH!" The woman floating above the table said. I couldn't make out her face, but she was someone familiar.

"Wormtail! Have I not spoken to you about keeping our guest quiet?" Voldemort spat.

"Yes, my Lord. Right away, my Lord." He said frantically.

"As inspiring as I find your bloodlust, Bellatrix, I must be the one to kill Harry Potter." He said, causing Bellatrix to sit back in defeat.

I look glance over at Draco, who sit beside me. He continued to look forward, not moving a muscle. I guess we both were not ready for this.

"But I face an unfortunate complication. That my wand, and Potters, share the same core. They are, in some ways, twins. We can wound, but not fatally harm one another. If I am to kill him, I must do it with another's wand." Voldemort said, walking behind each and every one of our chairs.