06| detention

"Get up you coward."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

As the five of us made our way down the dimly lit stone path, I wondered what Mr. Filch had in store for us. By the looks of where we were going, I was already starting to second guess his intentions.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." Filch says.

I gulped, my eyes shifting away from the disturbing man and fixating on the cobblestone path beneath my boots.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest..." Mr. Filch announced as we arrived at Hagrid's doorstep.

"Didn't Dumbledore say the Dark Forest was forbidden?" I asked.

Ignoring my comment, Filch smirked and turned his back to me. After just one swift knock, the door opened, revealing a familiar large, bearded man.

Filch stood up straight as he began, "A sorry lot this is, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?"

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." Hagrid said, sniffling.

After an awkward silence, Hermione spoke up, "Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind."

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." Hagrid said.

"Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." Filch groaned.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are...werewolves!" Draco said.

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad," Filch spoke, narrowing his eyes on Draco Malfoy with pleasure. "You can be sure of that. Nighty-night."

Mr. Filch's sinister gaze sent chills down my spine once again, and as he left, the chills didn't seem to go away.

"Right," Hagrid spoke up, grabbing a lantern as he shut his wooden door behind him. "Let's go."

───────────────

The cobblestone path at my feet fades as it leads into the darkness of the Forbidden Forest, yet I must follow it for the sake of my friends, and my punishment. I immediately knew that this was not going to be a peaceful task.

As we furthered into the forest, no sign of life was to be found anywhere. It was so dark we were barely able to see where we were going, only the large silhouette of Hagrid had guided us.