39| new professor

"You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure, risk-free way."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"I'm surprised the Ministry is still letting you walk around free, Potter! You better enjoy it while you can! I believe there's a cell in Azkaban with your name on it!" Draco teased Harry.

Harry charged at Draco, but was held back by Ron.

I couldn't believe his nerve. I haven't seen him in weeks and he decides to be a jerk to Harry, just like he used to be.

"What did I tell you? Complete idiot." Draco said to Crabbe and Goyle.

"Just stay away from me!" Harry yelled at him, causing Draco to give him a disgusted look.

I clutched my bag in my arms.

"Are you coming, y/n?" He asked, his expression slightly softening.

"Um...I'll see you later." I said, looking at the ground.

He scoffed and walked away. Harry remained tense.

"It's only Malfoy. What'd you expect?" Ron said, as Harry relaxed.

"I'm sorry about that Harry." I said and sighed.

"It's fine." He said and started walking to the carriages.

───────────────

"Good evening, children! Now we have a few changes in staffing this year. Now may we please welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Professor Deloris Umbridge. And now-" Dumbledore was cut off by a women dressed in all pink.

She slowly made her way to the front.

"She was at my Hearing. She works for Fudge." Harry whispered.

"Thank you for your kind words of welcome. And how lovely, to see all of your bright, kind faces, smiling up at me." She said, looking around at all of us.

I was pretty sure I was doing just the exact opposite of smiling.

"I'm sure we're all going to become very good friends." She said and smiled.

"That's not likely." Fred and George said, causing me to giggle.

"Let us preserve, what must be preserved. Perfect, what can be perfected, and practices that ought to be, prohibited." She said, smiling brightly and letting out a creepy laugh.