47| the cursed necklace

"Why is it, when something happens, it is always you four?"

Y/N POV

"For weeks you carry around this book, practically sleep with it, and yet you have no desire to find out who he is?" Hermione asked Harry, bringing up the book for the thousandth time.

"I didn't say I wasn't curious, and I don't sleep with it." Harry defended.

"Well, it's true! I like a nice chat before I go to bed. Now all you do is read that bloody book. Its just like being with Hermione. Y/n is the only person who I can have a general conversation with." Ron said, chuckling.

"You got that right." I said, linking my arm in his.

"Well, I was curious, so I went to...." Hermione started.

"The library." Harry, Ron, and I all said and the same time, cutting her off. "And?"

"And nothing. I couldn't find anything about the Half-Blood Prince." Hermione said.

"There we go! That settles it then." Harry said, relieved.

"Does anyone fancy a butterbeer?" I asked, catching everyone's attention.

"You bet!" Ron said.

I opened the door to the tavern, which revealed a small cozy place with a variety of people talking, drinking, or kissing.

"Here?" I asked, walking over to a booth.

"No, not there. Over here." Harry frantically said.

"Okay?" I said, walking over by Harry.

"No, sit beside me." Harry said to Ron.

Ron looked at Harry with a confused look.

"Okay?" He said, walking around at sitting next to Harry.

As Harry was taking off his coat, unnoticed he was staring at something.

"What are you looking a-" I froze in mid sentence.

There stood Draco, dressed in all black, as pale as a ghost. This wasn't the Draco I knew last year. What happened to him?

Once he saw me, he quickly turned and headed for the door.

I quickly got up to follow him, but he disappeared. I sighed and sat back down.

"Goddamnit." I muttered under my breath. I really wanted to talk to him. So badly my heart started to hurt. Like I needed him.