40| secret meeting

"That foul, evil, old gargoyle!"

Y/N POV

"Cho, what's going on?" I asked as I walked into the crowd of students surrounding the corridor.

"Its Professor Trelawney." She said, pointing to the center, where she stood their hopelessly.

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. Y-you can't do this." She whimpered.

I felt bad for her. Although Professor Trelawney was quite strange, she was still a part of Hogwarts, therefore she was important to me and the rest of us.

"Actually, I can." Umbridge said, smiling her devilish smile.

Someone please stop this.

Luckily, Professor McGonagall stepped out and walked over to Professor Trelawney, scowling at Umbridge.

"Something you'd like to say?" Umbridge asked innocently.

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say." McGonagall said giving Umbridge a look of hatred.

"She can't really do this, can she?" I asked Hermione, crossing my arms.

"I'm not sure." Hermione said, and students started to chatter.

I turned back around to see Dumbledore walk up to Umbridge.

"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you escort Sybil back inside?" Dumbledore said.

Thank god for Dumbledore.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of the Educational Decree number-" Dumbledore cut Umbridge off.

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster." He said sternly.

"For now." Umbridge said and giggled.

"Don't you all have studying to do?" Dumbledore yelled to all of us.

I shyly swung my backpack over my shoulder and headed back to the common room.

───────────────

"That foul, evil, old gargoyle!" Hermione yelled, pacing back and forth while Ron and lounged on the couch, Harry sitting by the radio.