03| fights & trolls

"You said it yourself, we're not friends."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

"Shoot! I'm late!" I screamed, jumping out of bed.

Why didn't Hermione wake me up?

I shot up and ran to get my robes on. After putting them on in record breaking time, I quickly ran out of the common room heading for the Great Hall. I stopped in my tracks when I heard three muffled voices from a distance away. I tried to walk towards the voices, without causing myself to be seen, of course.

"Why did you do that, Hermione?" A familiar voice said. I recognized it was Harry's.

"Because she can't know that we left last night." Hermione said.

"But she's our friend. She could've come with us." Ron suggested.

Who are they talking about?

"I guess y/n is just not like us. I don't think she'd understand." Hermione said.

"I-I guess." Harry said in a sad tone.

What are they hiding from me?

I clenched my jaw and stormed in the opposite direction. I was so infuriated that I missed breakfast.

───────────────

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" Filtwick asks.

Everyone raises their feathers.

"Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone. The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." He says.

I decided to sit alone today, since I felt the need to distance myself from Hermione, Ron, and Harry after what I overheard them discussing earlier in the Common Room. Although I had not known what they were talking about, I still felt somewhat discarded.

The only problem was, I had no idea why.

Shaking away my dreadful thoughts, I focused my attention back on Professor Filtwick. As I lifted my wand, I fixated my gaze on the feather before me and spoke, ""Wingardium Leviosaaaaa?"

"Don't ask it, y/n. Say it proudly!" Filtwick says.

I sigh and try again.

"Wingardrium Leviosar," Ron says and whacks his wand numerous times.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar." Hermione says.

Widening my eyes, I couldn't help but laugh a little at her remark. However, my attention was cut short as the boy sitting beside me, Seamus Finnegan, began to give his own attempt at the spell. As he attempted to cast his spell, the words came out a little more forceful, "Wingard Levosa. Wingard Levos-"