Your worries are known.

It was cold out and dark. Rose rubbed her two palms together trying to generate warmth, but all she got was a faint shimmer.

Elm's street was a ten minute ride from Bon Appetite. Without her car, it would take her close to 25 minutes.

With her school bag behind her back, she made her way home.

Everyone knew that the streets of New York weren't one to be taken lightly. She avoided alleys at all costs and made sure she was walking beside someone.

She heard some commotion behind her; people hooting, tires screeching.

She looked back and gasped when she saw a group of cars coming her way.

They were so close that she began to sweat. She broke out from her shock and increased her pace.

People cleared out. Some even began running. No one wanted to be a part of what came next.

She gulped. This was why she always took her car.

Rose sped-walked past a lamp post. She was almost home, only five minutes away.

But she didn't make it.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here boys." She heard the cars screech to a stop around her.

She froze. This could not be happening, here of all places. A door to one of the cars opened.

"Rose is it?" She heard a deep voice ask.

Her eyes widened. She knew that voice. It was the redhead from this morning. She knew something was up when he kept looking at her.

But he wasn't alone this time. This time he had company.

"What could you possibly be doing out this late?" He asked dismissively.

Joe looked so intimidating that she took a step back. He was a very dangerous person, she knew. She'd even heard rumors that he was part of a dangerously notorious gang. She could see the tattoos peeking out all over his body.

"I-I, I don't want any trouble." She whispered softly, lowering her gaze. Rose's eyes did a quick sweep of her surroundings. There was no one else on the streets. Everyone had cleared.

"Hey, I asked you a question." He held her by the collar and pulled her towards himself. She squeaked as she came face to chest with danger itself.

"Well?" He pressed. She could hear his friends laughing behind him. He smirked.

"Oh, I see. Sneaking out of your boyfriend's are we?" Joe said, glancing at some of his friends with a smirk.

Some oohed while others snickered.

Her eyes widened, and she shook her head rapidly, you'd think it'd come off.

"No, that's not-" He cuts her off before she could finish.

"Didn't know losers had people who actually want them around."

They all burst into fits of laughter. Her stomach dipped.

"Look I'm sorry about this morning." Her voice shook as she apologized again.

Anything could happen and no one would know. Her blood froze at the thought.

Fear was an understatement of how she felt at the moment.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't see you coming, I swear." She apologized for the third time since that morning, knowing it was one of the reasons he was out to get her or worse–he had no reason at all.