Light.

Shortly after everyone went to sleep, it started to rain. It was unusual in summer. It rained heavily and the wind was relentless.

Rose had retired in hours ago and he'd been waiting outside her room ever since. She wasn't asleep, not yet but he didn't know what to say to her. He knew she had a lot to think about. So he waited outside her room. Why? He had no idea.

He thought about the first time he'd met her. She was this shy girl that everyone seemed to ignore. She'd always looked unhappy and he'd wanted that more than anything to change.

He remembered the time she'd been called out of her daydream by the history teacher.

He smiled at the memory.
Mrs. Franklin's hawklike eyes had zeroed in on her gazing out the window while she explained a topic in class and had wasted no time in embarrassing her. He chuckled. He remembered her ears being as red as a tomato. He heard the door to Rose's room open.

"Mike?"

His eyes widened at her voice.

Michael cleared his throat and wiped the grin off his face.

"Hey." He greeted.

Rose stood by her door perplexed.

"What are you doing out here this late?"

"Um, nothing?" he answered sheepishly.

"Michael," she said sternly.

He sighed.

"I was worried about you." he answered truthfully.

"Mike, I'm fine. You don't have to worry about me."

"I can't help but do just that." he said.

Rose smiled. His words made her feel warm. His eyes the colour of ice looked softly at her.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

She knew what he was talking about. Everything, he was talking about everything.

Rose ducked her head a little.

"I'm fine."

Michael moved forward, concern etched on his features.

"Rose, you know you can tell me, that is why I'm here."

She glanced up at him and marveled at the amount of concern she saw reflected there in his eyes. She exhaled, giving in,

"I'm scared."

Rose looked like she could tear up any minute, so Michael did the next thing he could think of.

He embraced her. She felt safe and glad that someone cared that much for her.

"I know I can write and I've written a lot in the past but this is big, bigger than anything I've written. What i-if, " The words got stuck in her throat.

"What if I-" What if I mess up?

"I believe in you." The words were so soft and honest that her head whipped up to look into his eyes.

They twinkled and she was mesmerized.

"I believe that there is nothing God can't accomplish through you. You're strong and very much capable. He's given you everything you need to do this. Just let go and let Jesus take the wheel."

She nodded, grateful he was there.
Yes, all she needed to do was let Jesus lead.

She released herself from the embrace.

"Thank you, Mike." Rose smiled. She felt better already.

Soon she yawned and he chuckled.

"Go get some sleep." he said.