Questions.

It was a long torturous day at school and she'd managed to make it that far unscathed despite the confrontation with Joe that morning.

Rose groaned, holding the crumpled piece of yellow paper the cute cat had dropped the night before and stared long and hard at it.

'Who was it from?' She wondered. The cat had appeared out of nowhere and had dropped this.

Why? She had no clue.

Was it a coincidence? She wasn't one to believe in fate, but could it be that there was someone out there, watching her, someone who knew what she was going through?

She snorted, yeah right.

She had a lot to worry about but this had undeniably been on her mind since the other night.

'Your Worries Are Known'

"Who are you?" She asked the thin air. She decided to flip it over and what she saw left her dumbfounded.

'I am the way the truth and the life.'

She blinked. Where had she seen this before? She knew she'd seen it somewhere, it looked familiar.

Her eyes widened, then it clicked.
It was an old passage from the Bible she'd read a long time ago.

The new testament was it?

It'd been so long.
She sighed dropping the paper. She'd thought it'd have given her more info than that.

The bible wasn't what I needed right now. She thought.

Rose slid the paper inside her backpack then stood up. The library was empty as usual during the lunch break. That was her own cafeteria. She liked the peace and quiet. There was no one there to bully you or make fun of you.

She packed the half-eaten sandwich into nylon, then threw it into the garbage can.

She walked out the library door, her handbag firmly on her shoulder.

She bid the librarian goodbye, then left the building.

Only five more minutes before the next period. She stayed in an empty nearby class and rode out the last minutes.

About a minute in, she felt something in the air, something electric.

She arched an eyebrow. The air around her sizzled for a minute before everything went back to normal.

"Weird." She muttered.
She proceeded in tapping her feet against the floor, a childhood nervous habit she was still trying to grow out of.

She brought out a notebook and started reading. She loved to write and was reviewing one of her own manuscripts.

Writing was an escape for her. She'd started it as a hobby, and soon it became much more than that.

It was like the words conveyed every feeling she wouldn't dear say out loud. Her characters definitely could relate.

She smiled.

"Hi, is this spot taken?"

She looked up in the direction of the voice and her eyes clashed with ice blue ones.

Her eyes widened. They were so bright that they looked so unreal. It was as if they were glowing. She rubbed her eyes.

"I'm sorry, what?" She didn't quite catch him the first time. He smiled and she instantly felt an unknown source of warmth in her chest.