The past seven years.

He stood against his car by the other side of the road watching his friends talk and laugh about all their times apart.

They all seemed happy without him and he smiled when Nathan made everyone laugh being his usual self.

Then he focused on her. She only seemed to grow more beautiful as the years went by. He hated not being able to tell her, it was obvious why he hadn't. They all thought he'd been dead for three and the half years, but he didn't blame them, he had almost died in fact.

The blast had killed everyone else, but his breathe didn't seem to leave him even as he felt the pain of every broken bone in his body. He'd been nearly buried alive by concrete debris and he didn't know how long he layed there in excruciating pain before help came. They'd thought he was another dead body until a young man had noticed the slight twitch of his hand.

He experienced a great loss that day. He was in the hospital for months and the only thing that had kept him going was the thought of Rose, seeing her again if he ever survived his mission.

He had been willing to give his life for the truth. And that was what he'd been telling the people there for seven years. Even after the loss of one his close friends three and the half years ago trying to save him, he'd vowed to continue the work. He wanted to go back to her but he wanted to save as many souls as he could.

He was seen as the biggest threat there and each day he'd watched as more of his comrades fell. He'd been ambushed more times than he could count, bruised, shot, imprisoned but through it all he never gave up.

Nearly recovered in his tent some months ago after yet another attack, he'd layed awake one night thinking about Rose and the life he'd always wanted with her, a life he knew could no longer be possible. He'd kept her picture with him. He'd stared at it every night thinking about how things could have been.

He saw every missed call, every text, every email she'd ever sent to him during the times he was missing, to which non he'd ever replied. They'd been always hard to read but now they were the anchor that held him. He'd later laid down and was slowly drifting off when another text entered. His eyes widened. He hadn't received a message from her in three and a half years. And rightly so since he was considered dead. It was a group text and his eyes had gone up with the message. It was a message telling them all to come back.

It is time Michael. Come home.

He jerked as the voice suddenly say. The words were as clear as day.

"What are you saying? You want me to go back?" He asked incredulously.

"But how can I? They think I'm dead."

Go.

And the was all He said. He didn't speak to him again after that.

He thought about it for days on end until he finally gave up. There was no use fighting the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit had sometimes been his only companion for days and weeks on end as they discussed the best way to convey more people to safety.

He was discharged a few days later and now he was here.

Seeing Rose in the restaurant with all their friends brought back old memories. Seeing them happy and carefree made him hesitate.

He didn't want to make that go away but he knew he'd have to show himself eventually.

Soon they finished and went to their different homes and hotels. He saw Asher and Rose together and noticed the closeness between them.

Asher had offered to take her home and she'd kindly declined.