A moment.

More of them, more of them....

Rose gasped awake. She looked around her. This wasn't her room.

Everything that had happened right before she passed out came crashing back. She glanced down, placing one hand on her stomach.

She could still feel the warmth around her. She looked around, she was in Michael's room and was now sleeping in his bed.

Rose flushed a deep red, quickly standing up. She looked out the window, it was already sunset. How long was she out?

She'd been too shaken up to examine his room before.

The last time she'd been to his house, she'd stayed at the guest room, never really coming across his room the whole time, but as they were just barely friends then, it hadn't been appropriate.

The room was huge but it was filled with the things he loved and that in itself made the otherwise ginormous room cosy.

Rose furrowed her brow when her eyes stumbled upon a picture. The frame was placed on the desk next to his bed. She took a step closer. It was the picture of a beautiful dark haired woman with striking blue eyes. She gasped, they looked so alike.

She stared at the picture of the woman she could only guess was his mother and smiled. She could see where he got his beautiful ice blue eyes from.

She picked the frame up for a closer look. And with his arms around her was a smiling nine, maybe ten year old Michael with a couple of tooth missing as he smiled the most radiant smile.

Rose smiled sadly. He truly had loved his mother. He looked so adorable. She traced the glass looking at the happy duo.

She didn't expect the sharp pain that crossed her chest, the second she remembered her own father.

The door opened and she quickly swiveled around. A much older version of the boy she'd just been staring at in the picture stood silently by the door with an unreadable expression on his face.

"You're awake." Michael said mildly surprised. She glanced down at the picture then back up at him.

"She was very beautiful."

Her eyes met his and he swallowed uneasily and everything he felt was laid bare for her to see-pain, sadness, loss.

Rose swallowed, remembering a tragic memory, one as painful as this one. She drew in a shaky breath.

It'd been ages since she allowed herself to remember.

"My dad was killed, right in front of me." Michael eyes widened in shock. Yeah, she was too.

It was the first time she'd said it out loud since the incident, all those years ago.

"It was just me and him getting cake from the shop. Mum was waiting outside." Her voice cracked at the end.

The images from that day flashed across her eyes unhindered and she closed her eyes to stop them but she couldn't keep them out.

"There was a robbery. He was just a man trying to protect his daughter, but I think, I-I think t-they thought he was trying to get in their way." Her shoulders were shaking and she was trying her best not to cry.

The scene was unfolding behind her eyes.

"I was the one who wanted the cake. We went there because of me, because of my stupid sweet tooth. If it hadn't been for me, he wouldn't have-" Her voice broke. She felt arms envelope her.

"He wouldn't-" She tried to say barely able to get the words out but he stopped her.

"Don't." Michael whispered, holding her to himself.