Prom 2

A few minutes later they were on the road. Everyone was excited about tonight. Elnathan was getting cozy beside Chloe. Chloe stopped him at first but then he made her laugh and they started to talk. Elnathan seemed to really like her and Rose hoped he was the right one for her.

Nathan suddenly groaned out dramatically.

"Am I the only one without a date?" He said, more like whined out.

"I don't have a date either so quit whining," Asher replied, sighing. Nathan squinted his eyes at him.

"You were asked out like a hundred times by different girls and even got love cards,"

"And do you know what he did?" Nathan asked dramatically.

"He declined them all." He huffed.

Chloe came in at that juncture.
"Surely you must have someone that you like." She added. Asher looked at her, and for a second it looked like he was hiding something, a second passed then he looked away remaining silent. Chloe gasped.

"So there is! I never thought I'd see the day."

"So who is she?" Really everyone wanted to know who'd captured Asher's heart. The car screeched to a stop then.

"We're here." The driver announced. Asher got down first, glad to have gotten out of that awkward situation.

The rest of them got down and they all headed to the quaintly decorated hall.

Nathan hooted and made his way inside the hall. Everyone shook their heads. He had way too much energy but they all admitted they loved him.

As they stepped into the hall, it seemed like they'd stepped into a fairy tale. The theme was water and ice and she loved it. She was very impressed but only mildly surprised. Having Chloe as a member of the decorating team definitely paid off.

She turned to Chloe and nudged her by the side.

"Hey, good job Chlo."

"Why thanks love." Rose chuckled at the big smile on her face.

Rose pulled her in for a hug.

"You're an awesome friend, you know that right?" Chloe grinned.

"What are you talking about, of course, I do." Elnathan snaked one hand around her waist and stared adoringly at her.

"She really is, isn't she?" Elnathan asked, his dazed eyes fixed on her. That statement earned a fierce blush from Chloe as he led her away unto the dance floor. Nathan made himself scarce as some ladies waved him over.

"Uh, gotta go. See ya guys!" He was gone in an instant and he dragged Asher along with him much to his displeasure. Rose chuckled.

"Have fun guys." She waved. She turned and saw Michael already looking at her with an amused smile. His ice-blue eyes matched the theme perfectly.

He moved closer, standing right in front of her. Her heart thudded wildly as their eyes met. She was sure he could hear it.

"Have I told you how beautiful you looked?" He whispered. Rose blushed but she didn't break eye contact.

"Yeah like a hundred times already." She said back wittily. He smiled.

"You're beautiful, inside out Rose Turner." Rose blushed.

"Why thank you, kind sir." He took a step back extending his arm.

"And would this beautiful lady care to have a dance with me." She grinned.

"Would I?" Michael chuckled and drew her to him.

One hand held her hand and the other held her close. They swayed to the soft melody playing and it was magical.