All I need is you.

Song:all I need is you. Kim Walker, Jesus culture.

"Yeah, I'll tell her today." Michael pulled on his shirt, his tattoo slightly peaking out his back as he did so.

Somehow, he still had the phone in one ear. He sat back down on his bed.

"Do you think she'll come?" Asher spoke on the other end of the phone.

Michael paused slightly, his hands on the shoelaces of his all star.

"She will." Michael heard him sigh from the other end of the line.

"Well we all have our fingers crossed."
Asher stated.

"See you later Ash." Michael said into the earpiece.

"Later Mike." He cut the call.

Michael tucked his phone back into his front pocket and went out the door.

He and the guys have been talking even before the summer break about the trip.

Just the six of them. Asher's dad had been cool with it. They could use the family cabin. It was a six hour drive from here and it had a nice view of the Storm lake.

Michael walked down the stairs praying she said yes. They all needed her to say yes.

The trip would be meaningless without her.

His dad wasn't home, he'd left for work hours ago.

He walked the short distance to Rose's house. He knocked on the door.

"I'm coming!" He heard a slight shuffle on the other side of the door.

The door opened to reveal Rose's mother.

"Mike, what a pleasant surprise." She beamed up at him. He replied her warmly.

"Morning Mrs Turner. Is Rose home?" He asked.

"No, actually she just left for work." She replied.

"What?!" Michael exclaimed.

"It hasn't even been a week since she was discharged." He stated shocked. Her mom only shrugged smiling.

"She said she was bored and that at least at work she would be of help."

He smiled at the fact that Rose would rather be working than resting.

"Where does she work?" Michael asked her.

"Bon Appetite." He nodded. He knew the place. It was just a ten minutes drive from here.

"Thank you." He turned to leave but she called him back.

"Michael?"

"Yes ma'am?" He turned around. She smiled.

"Thank you, for everything you've done for us. For being there for her when even I couldn't." She looked down.

"She's doing so much better now. She's more confident. And I, I haven't even seen her smile so much not since her father passed away." A sad smile passed over her face, no doubt remembering how it used to be.

Michael shook his head.

"I did nothing. It's Jesus you should thank. He did the same for me." She smiled.

"You're right."

Jesus, she thought. Michael turned to leave.

"Have a good day ma'am."