The war has begun.

After dinner, she went upstairs and showered and was left alone with her thoughts.

A smile graced her lips when she thought about the subject of her affection.

Michael.

The name occupied her mind, accompanied by its owner.

Thinking back to the first time she'd met him all those months ago in the empty classroom till then, a lot has happened between them.

Even now, just thinking about it brought about a joy that was too much for words.

Rose didn't think it was possible to feel what she felt but she was being proven wrong every day.

He'd told her who she was to him. She was guessing it had already been revealed to him as it had been to her.

She understood that it didn't mean that they would elope right away. Not much would change between them until they were both mature enough to take things farther.

They'd both be following their dreams together, finishing college, be closer to God more than ever, asking for the grace not to fall or waver.

They would both pursue their careers until it was time by God. She blushed when she imagined a future with him and children, lots of them.

And she even then, her blush deepened. She shook her head as if by doing so would make the thoughts magically fly away.

But she wouldn't lie, she missed him already.

'But I'm not perfect. But you are Rose to me.'

He'd professed in the kitchen. The words made her heart swell sweetly. Her phone beeped indicating she'd received a new inbox.

Rose took her phone and unlocked it, it was from her WhatsApp group.

CLASS OF '14 GROUP CHAT.

Richy
School resumes Monday people- Admin

Louis
Noooooo!

Katy
Ugh, great. Just when I thought high school was officially behind me.

Richy
'The reconstruction of the school property is completed and everything is as good as new' says our beloved principal. -Admin

Katy
Doubt it can withstand another quake though, what with the reoccurring disasters throughout the states.

Richy
I guess we'll just have to trust the safety measures they've made. Will let you guys know when more information comes in. Enjoy your remaining days of freedom. Highschool awaits us all.😭

Lilly
*bawls uncontrollably.*

More comments of disapproval kept rolling in.

Rose closed the app and sighed.

So much was happening all at once. She couldn't even keep track. On her way to get some groceries the other day, she'd seen some news displayed outside the shop on TVs.

More than six states have been hit by the tsunami, and the damages were devastating.

She had families in one of those states and she didn't even know if they were alright yet despite her mother's efforts to reach them. She sighed.

"God please be with them." She whispered earnestly. But she knew that everything happening was no chance. It had been prophesied and now it comes to pass.

His phone beeped again and the name that flashed on the screen brought a smile to her despite the sadness she felt.

Michael.
Hi :)