Chapter Eight

"Miss Fawley, could I please use the owl?" I asked the aging care taker, she turned and glared at me. A woman I once had thought cared about me now wanted less then nothing to do with me. She would rather that I be gone, that she wasn't stuck with me.

Her nose pointed up in the air, "And what do you think you will be using the owl for?" She asked me, "Not writing that bloodtraitior girl who keeps sending you letters, I cannot allow you to disappoint your mother and father more then you already have."

I took a shaky breath and swallowed the lump in my throat, "My mother and father were not good people..."

"You have no right!" She snarled, "Your parents were noble and they knew their place in this world and how to act! They were as good as they come! If they knew what you were doing at school, how it had brainwashed you they would transfer you out in an instant."

Rage swarmed through my body, and I dashed out of the house and just let out a blood curtailing scream. "I HATE MY LIFE!"

 "I HATE MY LIFE!"

Miss Fawley died during my third year, and for while I found it impossible to focus on anything. I would spend my weekend days sitting alone outdoors. Tonks tried to give me soft comfort, but I just seemed to push her away. That was until she quite literally knocked some sense into me. 

Like many days I was sitting alone, when Tonks came running over and tripped over me in her clumsy ways, "Opps!" She called out loudly, 

I let out a sigh, "What do you want Dora?"

"Don't you what do you want Dora me." She said with a fierce tone, "Now tell me what is wrong and tell me now, or so help me I will bring out the big guns."

I gave her an irritated look, "You wont understand..."

"No, no, no. Don't do that Indigo." She said sitting down next to me, "You've been in a slump for the past two months, now I want to know whats bugging you."

I tool a shaky breath, "I have no where to go." I whispered, "Miss Fawley, my caretaker, she died."

Tonks' eyes widened, "Oh... oh my god, well... you can come stay with us. My mum would love to have you... it will be great."

I gave her a small look, "I, I can't do that."

"None sense, it will be great! I mean, it would be like having a sister. Just think about it, whenever one of us need something the other will be just down the hall. We can stay up all night giggling, and have all sorts of crazy adventures." She told me, I let out a small sigh.

"You can't just offer that, and even if you want me there your parents probably wouldn't. I mean, who would want to house Bellatrix Lestrange's daughter?"

So, after plenty of begging I got her to drop it. I tried my best for the next few months to pretend that it wasn't eating away at me. I laughed when I could, and I tried my best to seem happy for Tonks, but when the day school finally ended I was a complete mess, and to my suprise Tonks said nothing about it.

It was when the train arrived at Kings Cross an entire scarf had knotted up in my stomach. I grabbed my trunk and made my way onto the platform. Tonks went to her parents, and the station began to clear out. I was panicked, and that is when there was a tap on my shoulder.

"Indigo?" A woman asked me, "Goodness deary we have been looking for you everywhere." She told me, I gave her a strange look.

She wore a kind smile, and somehow she seemed familiar at the same time she didn't, "I'm sorry... do I...?"

The woman let out a small laugh, "Oh sorry, you may or may not recognize me, I'm Andromeda. Dora's mother." She told me, "Now grab your trunk, Ted will be wonder where we are by this point."

I blinked at her for a moment, "What... what do you mean?" I stammered, 

Once again she laughed, "Well your coming to stay with us of coarse... because that is what family does, and from what Dora has told me, you are absolutely nothing like your mother or your father, in fact you sort of remind me of someone else in our family."

I gave her a surprised look, "Really? Who?"

"Me."

When we left the station we approached a small car, but in more ways then one it amazed me. Tonks sat in the back drivers side, a smug look on her face as me and her mother approached it. Her mother opened up the trunk of the car and helped me place my trunk inside of it, she then opened the door to the back seat on the passenger side. 

As I crawled in Tonks continued to smirk, but her dad turned around and smiled at me. "Hello there Indigo, glad that Dromeda found you." He told me, I felt a blush heat up my face.

"Thank you so much Mr. Tonks, and you too Mrs. Tonks, for inviting me to stay with you..." I told them with much gratitude, Andromeda laughed.

She quickly shook her head, "None of that Mr. and Mrs. none sense, you are to call me Aunt Dromeda, is that understood dear?"

I gave a quick nod before Ted spoke, "And as far as your concerned I am uncle Ted."

Tonks laughed from beside me, "And you already know..."

"That your name is Nymphadora? I believe I do." I told her with a smirk on my face that had been mimicking her own.

She let out a groan, "Don't call my Nymphadora."

Andromeda shook her head in frustration from the front seat, "You know Nymphadora, you could have a far worse name, like Andromeda, or like my mother Druella."

"Or, something horrendous like Edward." Her father chirped,

I let out a laugh, "Mine must be worst of all. Indigo, my name is a shade of purple for pete sake!"

It was one of the first times I had ever really felt at home, and there I stayed for the next nine years.