Chapter Eleven

On March fifteenth of the year 1994, I became the girlfriend to Charlie Weasley, and both of us were beyond thrilled, and neither of us exactly knew what going slow meant, because within two months of us together we had applied to live together at...

On March fifteenth of the year 1994, I became the girlfriend to Charlie Weasley, and both of us were beyond thrilled, and neither of us exactly knew what going slow meant, because within two months of us together we had applied to live together at the sanctuary. The application was excepted with no hesitation, it seemed that many people had been waiting for the two of us to get together. It amused us to no end.

That summer when Charlie announced that he and his family were going to the Quidditch World Cup and that he wanted me to go along I admit I was nervous. Not nervous about the game, but nervous of meeting his entire family... and even more nervous to meet Harry Potter who would also be joining the family. Would he know who my parents were? How were they involved with the war? Would he hate me because of what they did? How could he not? I hated myself because of who they were and what they did. 

It was Charlie who would tell me that I was an absolute nutter thinking these things because I was nothing like them. I did the opposite of what they did. I healed, and they ruined a boy's life by torturing his parents into insanity. That and Harry Potter was one of the most excepting people he knew, so I had nothing to worry about. 

Still, when I packed for the trip my trunk was an absolute mess. No organization system to it what so ever, it actually looked as if a child had packed it instead of a 22-year-old woman. This is the mess Charlie found me in.

"Bloody hell Indy!" He said in shock, "Are you okay? It looks like there has been some sort of explosion in here!"

I let out a weakly forced laugh, "Shove off, I am nervous. I have never been taken to meet a family before as someone's girlfriend, and well there is a lot of people for me to meet." I told him, "Nine, plus friends."

He wrapped his arms around me tightly and took a deep breath, "And I have told you countless times that there is nothing to worry about. Everyone will love you almost as much as I do, which will be extremely hard as I love you more than humanly possible."

I giggled shyly as I usually did when Charlie spoke like this, "I love you too." I said softly, "I'm just nervous."

He kissed my forehead gently, "And you have nothing to be worried about. Take a minute and calm down, by this time tomorrow after you have met everyone you will see just how silly you were being." He went on, "I love you."

This assurance made all the difference in that moment, "And I love you."

Charlie left the room and I continued to pack, attempting to make everything look just a bit more organized. Once I was done doing so I called him back into the bedroom that was now ours, but once had been just mine.

"Charlie!" I called out to him, "I am ready... as I will ever be!"

He came in, letting out a deep chuckle as he did so. He grabbed his trunk in one hand, and me with the other... and we were gone with a loud pop.