Chapter Forty-two

The morning of August first the Burrow was abuzz with all sorts of activity as the family prepared for the wedding of what must have been the century. I was forced to dress Artie into his dress robes four times before he finally kept them on, which was a good thing as I was about to give up on it all. Fleur was beyond delighted that Artie would be apart of the day, but I was about going crazy from stopping the toddler from getting his robes dirty before the time came for the ceremony. Charlie couldn't help but laugh at my efforts to keep the boy from being the young boy that he was.

"You do realize that you are a witch, don't you?" Charlie asked as he waved his own wand about the air. He himself was dressed in robes far better than I had ever seen him in before as he waited for the time to perform the last of his best man duties. "You could just clean Art up with a spell if he gets dirty?"

I let out a huff of air, causing my perfectly done curls to float about the air. One of the main perks of being a metamorphagus meant less prep time for the perfect look, and I was certainly taking advantage of that on this day above any other day. "You know I have never been very good at household chore spells, mine always seem to leave some of the dirt behind."

Molly who seemed to be listening to the conversation let out a laugh, "Once you have a few kids you get the hang of it much faster." She said in passing, causing a smile to spread across my face as I looked down at my son who continued to chase after chickens even after I had told him to stop.

"Something doesn't feel right." I said softly as the preparations continued for the guests who were set to arrive in only a few hours, "What if..."

Charlie pulled me into his strong scared arms, "If they show up then you and Artie need to go. I will be fine, just get yourself out of here."

I gave a small nod and we went on with our day. As three approached faster and faster I sat with Fleur in the room she was getting ready in. It was one of the few moments of the day when her sister and mother weren't hanging onto her like she was about to fly away, and I had to admit she looked realized.

"I love my Maman," Fleur said as she sat allowing me to do a final look over of her hair, "But she is everywhere!"

I let out a laugh, "You look gorgeous Fleur." I told her as I took a seat, "And your wedding will be amazing."

She reached out and gave my hand a squeeze, "Zank you for all zee 'elp Indigo, I am glad zat you will be my sister."

A smile spread across my face, "Now don't you go saying sweet things that will make me cry, because my makeup finally looks perfect."

I exited the room Fleur sat in to run right into a stern-faced woman with grey hair grasping a box tightly in her hands. She eyed me tensely, "And who are you?"

Part of my frustration about this time was I felt as though I couldn't tell anyone my actual name, not with the threat of my parents looking for me so present. "Indiana Tonks." I told her, "I'm here with Charlie..."

"Ah!" She shrieked, "You are the mother of his kid! Children should come from married parents!"

I felt a warm heat rise in my stomach as I looked at this woman, "People call me Indy." I told her as I attempted to get my temper under control, "And you must be Aunt Muriel."

"Where is your child? A child should be with their mother!"

I forced a smile, "Arthur is with his uncles helping show people to their seats..."

She sniffed the air, "So that's the child... running all over the place like a little hooligan!"

I pushed the forced smile on my face a little wider, "It's been lovely meeting you aunt Muriel. I better go find my hooligan son and Charlie before the ceremony starts."