Chapter Fourteen

While Charlie and I both had our own cabins still, it seemed that we spent most of our off hours together. We even spent work hours together, as it seemed Charlie didn't become much more careful around the dragons... no matter how much I scolded him.

It had been a slow day in the tent when Charlie was carried in on a stretcher, grumbling about it the whole way. "I could have walked, really." He told the people carrying him, and as soon as I heard his voice I jumped up and walked over to him as they laid him down on the bed I had in there. 

I shook my head at him and looked at his arm where a new cut leaking blood had formed, "Oh Charlie, why does it seem no matter how many times they get you, well you just can't remember that dragons aren't puppies... they are more like angry kittens."

One of his co-workers laughed, "Looks like your in good hands."

I gave them a wave and grabbed a medic bag to treat him. I first grabbed a cream and cloth, I whipped down the wound very gently and gave him a smile. "So on a scale one to ten what would you rate the pain?"

He thought for a second before looking up into my eyes, I could see the pain in his eyes but he simply smiled. "A two."

I shook my head at him and applied the cream before wrapping a bandage around his upper arm. He grimaced a bit as I did so, but as I waved my wand and knew that where there was once a cut was now a scar. I placed a kiss on the top of his head and then ruffled his hair playfully. 

"You know Charlie... that was a six at least, and you don't ever have to be afraid of showing pain in front of me, I should be the last person you should be afraid of showing pain to..."

A knock at the door interrupted me and I looked over to see Amorette and the small two-year-old daughter, Flora. She walked over and pulled me into a tight hug, the same way she always greeted me whenever she saw me. Flora gave me a shining smile, her auburn hair pulled back into a french braid.

"Bonjour Indy," She said softly, "Flora wished to come say hello... don't be shy Flora." 

Flora let out her bell-like giggle, the one she had clearly gotten from her mother. "Bonjour Indy!"

I laughed, "Salut Flora," I greeted her, "You being good?"

She gave a big nod towards me, "Anything else I can help you with?" I asked Amorette, "Not that you need to need something when you come here... you have proven to be a good friend over the past two years after all."

Amorette laughed at me, her curly hair bouncing as she laughed. "I just thought I would spread the news, the Redwood's got jobs at the ministry... and now the three bedroom cabin is open." She told me, "I just figured with you and Charlie getting more... serious, you might want a bigger place."

I started to laugh, "Charlie and I? We don't live together..."

Amorette laughed, "Oh mon cher, you two are inseparable... I mean he is even here now." Another laugh joined Amorette and I looked down to see Flora giggling as well, "Who knows, maybe ze two of you will have une enfant one day." 

If I had been drinking something at the time it would be all over the place, and that is exactly what happened to Charlie who had been drinking a glass of water at the time. We all looked over to Charlie who had begun choking, a final laugh escaped the lips of Amorette. 

"I zink ze two of you 'ave some talking to do, come Flora." And like that the two departed the tent, I turned to face Charlie and took a shaky breath.

He was red in the face from coughing so much, "I... can we talk after work?" I asked him, "At my cabin?"

He nodded and stood up from the bed, "I will see you in a couple hours... I love you."

I laughed, "And I love you too, don't worry... and I will see you tonight."

Charlie left the tent, and after that, the rest of the day was rather slow. When the sun set I made my way out of the tent and towards my cabin. When it came into view I could see that Charlie was already inside and had light a fire. 

I opened the door and saw that Charlie had made me dinner, I smiled and walked over and placed a warm kiss on his lips. "Well, this is a nice surprise," I said softly, "Thank you."

He smiled and pulled out a chair for me to sit down in, "Well... I couldn't really work for the rest of the day... you see the healer has a really strict rule about people who get injured have to stay home for the rest of the day..."

A laugh escaped my lips as he placed down a plate of chicken down in front of me, "What a stick in the mud!"

"It's not so bad... if it weren't for her, well I don't know where I would be."

I smiled and let out yet another laugh, "Well I heard that she is in love with you."

He smiled, and then looked down very nervously. "Indy... I think we had better talk now, about what happened earlier..."

A knot formed in my stomach, and a lump in my throat. "We... nothing has to change if you don't want it to..."

He shook his head and put down his fork, "Um... No, what I wanted to say... is, well I think we should get the cabin... I mean, we have been together for quite some time... and well, I think we are ready for this." 

I smiled and jumped up from the table before giving him a big kiss, "Yes! Yes!" I said happily, "Of course! Oh my god... I am so happy... god I am rambling." 

He placed a kiss on my lips silencing me, "I'm really happy too." He said softly, "You have no idea Indigo."