5.

CAMILA 

Why is my head hurting me so much? Like its never hurt like this before. The only thing I can think of is me bringing the boxes up and down the stairs but that was two days ago. 

Lauren is still in the house. I thought she would've had school her being the same age as me but she's been in the house everyday since we moved in. Another mystery I guess. 

Today would've been my first day back but I really wasn't feeling it. My head was hurting far too much. I honestly couldn't get up, any slight movement only made it worse. 

Why is this happening? 

"Camila, why aren't you ready?" My Mum asks walking into the living room. I was laid across the sofa with my hand on my head. 

"Mum, I can't move" I felt like I was was going to cry the pain was so bad.

My Mum came over to sit by the head of me. "What's wrong?"

"My head really hurts" I squeezed my eyes shut trying to stop the tears. 

"Okay, you can stay here today. I'm going to take Sofia to school and then I'm going to work. Michael won't be back till late either." She stroked my hand that was covering my head. "Lauren will be here if you need anything"

"Okay" I could barely talk. 

She got up and left and I couldn't move one bit. 

I was like that on the sofa for about an hour trying to fall asleep but my head wouldn't let me.
I really need my mum right now. I need her to make everything better. 

"Why are you still here?" 

It was Lauren, I looked up to see where the voice had come from. "Ow" biggest mistake I could've made. My head thumped hard and it hurt even more if that was possible. 

I covered my head with both hands closing my eyes. I was going to cry soon. 

I could feel Lauren sit down where my mother had sat before. 

She didn't say anything. She just sat there, probably staring at me laughing internally at how weak I am. 

A few minutes later she turned the TV on. She put the music channel on. She put the volume at a level which was just perfect for my headache. It somehow soothed me. 

She just sat there with me with my hands over my face. It was somewhat really comforting.
After a few songs I felt like I could remove my hands from my face so I did. I opened my eyes and could see Lauren watching me from the corner of my eye. 

I turned my head slowly to look at her but she quickly got up and went to the kitchen. She returned moments later with a drink that had a straw in it and a flannel that she had wet.
She sat back down and held the drink out to me. 

"Drink" she said holding the drink so I could drink through the straw. 

I didn't try to take hold of the glass myself for fear it would hurt my head. So I listened to her and drank. It was disgusting, God knows what was in there. After I grimaced a few times at the taste, I got used to it. 

"What is in that?" I questioned quietly, still not ready to use my full voice.

She took the glass back and set it down on the table.  "For me to know"  I looked at her expecting her to be smiling but she wasn't, her face was still sad. When she laughed yesterday in the car it was like she was a different person. I knew not to make a big deal of it though so I acted like she never laughed that beautiful laugh. She got up from her seat positioning herself slightly above me to place the flannel on my head.

"Thank you" I said quietly grateful that she was helping me. 

She didn't reply, I was getting so used to that, I didn't even mind anymore. 

She still sat with me whilst my headache died down slowly. It was still there but nowhere near as bad as it was. Thank Lauren. 

It was now lunchtime and I realised just how hungry I was, I got up slowly but failed as my head started thumping again. 

"Stop" Lauren said, "What do you want? I'll get it" 

I looked up at her I wasn't exactly going to ask her to make me food was I? 

"Erm, well I'm kind of hungry" 

She nodded and headed for the kitchen. She was going to make me food. I was smiling to myself happy that Lauren was here to look after me. 

She returned with two cheese sandwiches and two juices. 

I started to get up slowly so I could eat my food. The sudden movements hurt my head but I carried on. 

Lauren was watching me intently as she put the food on the coffee table. 

"You should take your hair band off" She states.

"Why?"

"It'll relieve some pain" she grabbed my plate and gave it to me. 

I took the plate from her and undid my hair. She was right. It felt a fraction better. 

"Thanks for the food" 

Again she didn't reply. 

We sat watching TV all day neither of us really talking, it was nice. It was nearly 3 and my mum and Sofia would be returning home soon. Lauren would probably disappear in her room again.
I stood up needing the toilet. Lauren quickly stood up like it was a reflex. "It's okay, I'm just going toilet, my head feels much better anyway." I smiled, she was such a caring person. 

She nodded and sat back down.

LAUREN

I sat on the sofa all day watching TV with Camila. Why did I do that? Why did I fucking do that? I put my head back against the sofa and closed my eyes. 

Seconds later the front door opened and closed and Sofia ran through the living room.

"Hi" she jumped on the sofa next to me smiling wide. 

"Hi" I replied trying not to look directly at her.

"Why are you so sad?" She asked, which surprised me. 

I didn't answer.

She got up from her seat and started coming closer to me until she was directly in front of me.
She outstretched her arms over my shoulders and hugged me. 

I closed my eyes and let a tear roll down my cheek. I am not replacing them. I'm not letting them in. I'm not.

"Sofia, get changed please" Sinu broke the hug as she was staring at the interaction.

Dad probably told her everything, that's probably why she's kept her distance, doesn't mean I dislike her any less.

I wiped at my cheeks and turned the TV off following Sofia upstairs but towards my room. I wasn't replacing them.