39.

CAMILA

Who is he? Can he turn around so I can see his face?

He looks small.

She's looking directly in his eye and it looks like they're having a moment. What the fuck is wrong with this girl?

Does she do this with everyone?

I never knew she lied to me as well. For fuck sake.

No fucking way. Now she's giving him her phone. WHAT THE FUCK.

Why is she doing this to me? My heart is hurting so much right now. You can't kiss me one minute then ignore me the next. It's not on. And it's definitely not on chatting up some guy in front of me.

I turn around and look away from Lauren and her man. No way is she going to catch me staring. From now on she can do what she wants. I want absolutely nothing to do with her. I mean it this time.

"You okay?" Mum asks

I look to her and plaster a smile on my face "yeah, just a bit hungry" I lie

"Well the food should be here soon" she looks to Sofi "are you hungry too?"

Sofi shakes her head and yawns.

Michael squeezes past mum and takes a seat next to her. "You guys okay?"

"Of course honey, Camila is a bit hungry" my mum answers

Mike nods "food should be out soon" he repeats my mother's words.

"Where's Lauren?" Sofia asks

Mike looks around and it looks like he spots her. I follow his glance and see she's talking to an older man. She looks sad. Sadder than usual anyway.

Mike gets up from his seat "I'll be right back"

I follow his movements and watch him go straight up to Lauren and the mysterious man.

____________

LAUREN

You know your mother was always so nice to Alice. I really do miss her.

I sighed. Is this seriously going to be my night?

I would normally tell him to shut the fuck up but he's old and I don't have the heart.

"Alice told me to send me her love"

I nodded not really giving a shit. Alice was friends with my mum but they weren't exactly close. They went to a few things together but didn't exactly talk all the time like he's making out. Why do people always make out they knew the dead person more than they did just because they knew them a little bit? It makes no sense.

"Tell her thanks" I subconsciously roll my eyes.

"Hello Greg, how are you?" My Dad interrupts and I've never been happier to see him today.

Greg smiles widely as he looks at my Dad. "Well if it isn't Michael Jauregui, Lauren told me you were around somewhere. I just didn't believe it. How've you been?"

I look away and sneak in an eye roll.

"I've been well, I'm still at the same job but got a promotion a few years back." My dad continued the small talk

"I see, and you're still living down the same place? Alice said she tried to send some letters"

My dad glanced at me.