16.

LAUREN

A few days after the anniversary Normani is still bugging me. 

Normani: Hi again, I'm not going to let you block us out this time, be ready for some annoying texts :) 

I ignored her again. 

15:08 Normani: Just answer me. 

16:58 Normani: We all know how stubborn I am Jauregui, I won't stop until you reply 

19:32 Normani: Imagine me as a girlfriend, do you think I'd be this crazy, bugging them all the time? Hmm 

23:11 Normani: I'm going to sleep now but I won't give up! 

I rolled my eyes at the texts. I would have to reply because believe it or not they were doing my fucking head in. 

Lauren: I'm fine. Please leave me alone for a while. 

I knew I was being harsh but she knew what I needed even if she wouldn't give it to me I still had to tell her I needed time. Hopefully she'll let me have it. 

I should appreciate them being there for me but in all honestly the more people care and want to be there the more it hurts. I just want people to fuck off and leave me to deal with everything on my own. 

I removed myself from the group chat they made. They didn't say anything about it. They all knew why. I needed space, and them talking in it would just annoy me. I'm glad they understood that but they still hadn't left me alone. 

It was almost 1am and I was starving, well not starving exactly, I just needed something to tide me over, a snack or 3. I tiptoed through the hallway not wanting to wake anybody up. I stalked down the stairs until I was in the kitchen. I grabbed some chocolate bars and put the kettle on to make myself a cup of tea. I waited patiently when I saw a figure on the sofa in the living room. 

It was Camila. She was asleep on the sofa. She was curled up in a ball with her arm under her neck. I winced because I knew that her neck would hurt in the morning from the sleeping position she chose to sleep in. 

I contemplated waking her up but thought against it. Waking her up would mean talking to her and I really couldn't be bothered. The kettle boiled and I quickly made my tea and went back upstairs. I jumped into bed and put in a DVD. I chose The Lion King because Chris and I used to love it whilst Taylor was always scared of Scar. We all used to watch it as a family and I loved the movie because of that. 

It was half way through the movie when I felt my eyes get heavy. 

Flashback

Mum was carrying a sleeping Taylor in her arms so me and Chris walked beside her. 

"Will you play a board game with me when we get home?" Chris asked sweetly

"Only if I can choose" I replied. 

"Fine, but no girly one" 

I smiled at my brother and thought about what board games we have."Monopoly?" 

He shook his head "No, I don't understand it and you make up your own rules" 

"I do not!" I shouted somewhat offended. 

"You do, you're only 7, you don't know how to play. You make it up" he argued back. 

"Mum" I called. "Chris said I make the rules to monopoly up" 

My mother ignored us and didn't get involved. 

"See, she didn't say you don't" 

I scoffed "That doesn't mean anything, I don't make them up" 

"Whatever" 

I crossed my arms defensively "I'm not playing with you anymore." 

He stomped his feet "Fine" 

CAMILA

Ow. My neck is killing me. I wake up and it's still pitch black. I can barely move my head because it's been in one position for a long time. I somehow manage it though, I carry myself upstairs to my room. I can hear the music to The Lion King and smile, I love that movie. Its coming from her room though. 

I sigh and go into my room. She used me. I've accepted that. She damn right used me. She hasn't spoken to me since, she even left the group chat. I would say I'm hurt but I just feel I don't know, stupid? I let her do whatever she wanted because it felt right but I didn't think about everything else. I wasn't thinking at all. Fucking hell I'm an idiot. 

_____________

"Mila" someone called out.

I turned around to be faced with a smiling Shaun.

"Hey"

"I've been looking for you, I'm sorting out this group thing this Friday.. do you wanna come?"

I thought about what the girls has said about him liking me but it was a group thing, surely if he liked me he would've asked just me.

"Sure, sounds like fun" I replied kind of excited for Friday, I needed some fun, I sure as hell wouldn't spend my free time at home anymore.

"Great, we are all going to this diner at 7" he informed me whilst walking me to my next lesson.

I smiled at him and entered my class. "cool, I'll see you in English" I waved

"See you".

My phone in my pocket buzzed and my heart race sped up instantly. Why would she message me? Lauren's the only person I thought it could be. The girls are in school so wouldn't message me. I slowly pulled my phone out and my heart dropped when I looked at the message.

Dad: I miss you, can I take you out soon?

He misses me? Yeah right, he never ducking cared about me before so why would he suddenly miss me now? Argh, can my life get any more complicated?

I ignored it, I would talk to my mum about it first, but do I really want to upset her? She's finally moving on from my dick of a Dad am I going to be the one to change that? No, I won't tell her.

School finished rather quickly which sucked. I like school, even more so now seeing as it keeps me from going home. Keeps me from going back to the house where I was used.

I looked up at the house and entered. I hated coming home straight from school because it'd just be me and Lauren in the house.

I entered my room and sat on my bed. I looked at my phone and saw another message from my Dad.

Dad: Please Mila, I'm trying here

I rolled my eyes. Trying now because you have nothing and no one. I knew what he was trying to do, he was trying to make me feel guilty. He always did this. I'm not going to feel that way though.

I placed my phone down and looked out of my door to Laurens. Why did I still care? I won't let people walk all over me anymore! Not my Dad, not Lauren, it's time I fucking toughen up.
Just at that moment my head whipped up at the sound of Laurens door opening. I blankly stared at her and diverted me eyes. She did what she always did, ignored me and walked away.

And even though I just said I'd toughen up, it still fucking hurt.