6.

LAUREN
Flashback
"Happy birthday Lauren" Mum squeezed my cheeks and smiled down at me. 

"Mum, I'm 9 now, I'm not a baby anymore" 

Mum laughed quietly "You'll always be my baby" she kissed my forehead.

I wiped at my forehead and smiled at my mother. 

"Happy birthday Lauren!" Taylor screamed as she jumped onto me hugging me tight.

"Taylor stop," I tried to push her off "get off" 

She let go a few moments after that and smiled her goofy smile. She jumped off me and looked to my mother.

"When are we having cake?" 

It was still morning and she's asking that, what an idiot.

"Later" Mum responded "where is your Dad and Chris?"

Taylor shrugged her shoulders indicating she didn't know.

"I think they went out" I told my mother. "They said happy birthday and then they left." 

"Oh okay" my mother looked confused

I knew why my Dad went out. He went to plan a surprise for us both. My birthday after all was the same day as my parents anniversary. I used to hate that when I was younger because all the attention wasn't on me but now that I'm older I kind of like it, sharing my birthday with something so important. 

My dad would normally get her a present and spend a part of the day with her but this year I agreed that he could pay her full attention, she deserved it.

I didn't know what he was planning but I knew it involved me and my birthday otherwise he would've told me. Thinking about it is kind of making me excited for the day ahead.
_____________

My Dad made us dress up and we agreed. He blindfolded me and my mum and then eventually Taylor because she felt left out. We got into the car and I was even more excited.

"Where are we going Michael" Mum questioned obviously not liking the suspense. 

"Nearly there don't worry"

"This is so fun" Taylor giggled and I couldn't help but join in. 

Moments like these made me realise how much I loved my family. 

"We're here!" Chris shouted excitingly over our laughs. The car stopped and we sat there waiting for our instructions.

"Woah" Taylor must've taken her blindfold off. 

"Sh Tay" Chris hushed You'll give it away"

My Dad guided my mum whilst Chris guided me. 

The temperature suddenly felt warmer and I knew we were now inside. After what seemed like forever they stopped us.

"Okay are you ready?" Dad asked

"Yes" me and mum replied in unison.

Chris removed my blindfold and I looked around instantly recognising where we were. "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God" I jumped up and down. 

"Michael, this is too much" 

"No its not"  Dad stopped her. 

We were in a hotel. You might think that's a rubbish place to come on your birthday or anniversary but this hotel was amazing. It had a water-park, a games room, a spa, a full loaded buffet. It was heaven.

"How long are we staying?" Taylor asked grinning from ear to ear.

"Until tomorrow afternoon" He replied. "Now go and explore while me and your mother go and check in" 

And we did. It was by far better than what I had imagined. It was amazing. The people I loved most were there and I couldn't be happier. It was the best birthday ever. One I would never forget. 

_____________________

CAMILA

 "How's your head?" I looked up to my room door and saw my mum standing there.

"Better" I went to stroke it. "It still hurts a little bit, but it's bearable now" 

She nodded. "Good, school tomorrow then?" 

"I guess" I answered. 

"Camila, I know we have a different life now but I think we'll be happy here" 

I nodded "Yeah, me too. Has he been in contact?" I then realised Lauren's door was slightly open. Was she listening?

Mum sighed and I knew that he had. "Yeah, he text me this morning" 

I raised my eyebrows questionably "Saying?" 

"The usual; I'm sorry, I'll change, I love you" 

I feel bad for her. Why couldn't my father leave her alone? "Oh" 

"Don't worry Mila" My mother reassured. "It'll be fine." 

"Okay" I smiled weakly at her. 

Lauren's door moved ever so slightly and I knew 100% that she was listening.