17.

CAMILA

"Mila, why are you sad?" Sofia asked. 

I smiled at her "I'm not sad silly." 

"Do you miss Dad?" 

"No, do you?" We hadn't really spoke about him since we moved here. 

She looked away from me "Kind of" 

"Hey" I touch her shoulder "You don't have to be embarrassed of missing him, you are allowed" 

"I know, he's just not very nice is he?" 

I sighed, "No, he isn't. Are you happy Sof?" 

"Yes" She replied enthusiastically. 

"Good." I smiled at my younger sister.

I felt my phone vibrate so I grabbed it. 

Shaun: Looking forward to Friday? x

I smiled and quickly typed a reply. 

Camila: Yes, who's going anyway? 

Shaun: Me, you, Dinah, Ally, Nick and Josh :) 

Camila: Not Normani? 

Shaun: No, she said she was busy :( 

Camila: Oh okay, its sound like its going to be fun! :D

Shaun: Of course it will xx

Stop sending kisses Shaun, don't ruin this friendship, please don't like me like that. I decided not to reply, it seemed like the conversation was finished anyway so I put my phone to the side and carried on watching the movie with Sofia. 

"Pst" I turned around and saw Lauren. I looked at her confused but she waved at me to go over there. I turned back to the movie and ignored her. My heart sped up and I was no longer paying attention to anything else. Why did she call me over? Why did she think I'd just come and forget everything that happened? 

I turned around and she had gone. Curiosity built up inside of me and I wish I could go back a few minutes so I could see what she wanted. But at the same time I'm glad I didn't go to her. I'm no longer going to be a push over after all. That wasn't just me saying it. 

I grabbed my phone again and went onto Lauren's chat. I looked at her picture of her figure on the beach and wondered why she didn't have a picture that actually showed her face. My attention moved to see the words Typing.. 

My heart skipped a beat and I quickly escaped her chat. I threw my phone on the bed and tried to think about something other than that, other than her. 

_______________

LAUREN

I felt bad. Sure I didn't at the time, but I felt bad now. I had basically just kicked her out and ignored her. I couldn't exactly treat her like I wanted to. I felt bad enough to try but she ignored me. I even typed out a few possible messages but I never sent them because they just felt wrong, like she didn't want to hear from me, she had ignored me after all. 

Normani stopped messaging me after I told her to leave me alone. That was good. It let me heal in my own way. Don't get me wrong I'll never fully heal but at times like these my wounds open up again and I need time to myself to heal them. Nobody gets that, they think they are helping by asking if I'm okay, being there for me but in reality they are just making it worse. 

Knock Knock

Maybe she changed her mind and wanted to talk to me after all. Maybe she's ready to hear what I have to say.