24.

CAMILA

"Mila, I've been looking for you everywhere, don't you check your phone?" Normani rushes up to me as I'm trying to get to my next lesson.

"I don't check my phone in class Mani. What's up?"

"Are you busy after school?"

"Nope"

Her smile grew and she linked arms with me so we could carry on walking "Great, my parents are out of town and I've got the place to myself. I'm having a gathering thing round mine and you're coming."

"Yay" I looked at her smiling "who else is coming?"

She tapped her nose and unlinked her arm from mine as we got to my class "You'll have to wait and see"

I giggled at her and entered my class before the bell went. "Bye Mani"

She waved and paced the halls stopping someone else to talk. Probably inviting them too.

_________

Mani's house isn't too packed. It wasn't a party as such, more like she said, a gathering. It was nice.

I was standing next to Shaun and Sue talking about our business plans that we presented and how our teacher said he'd choose a winner to put forward for a dragons den project for young people.

The front door opened and I looked up. I thought everyone Normani invited was already here.

Lauren walked in and my heart stopped. I didn't know she was coming. She caught my eyes and smiled awkwardly. I grinned at her. Why am I so happy she's here?

Someone approached her and her attention left me. I looked at their interaction. It was a blonde girl I never spoke to. They were laughing a lot and Lauren would glance my way every now and then.

It was like that the rest of the night. Lauren talking to people who she probably knew from her time in school. I was with Shaun most of the night.

"Having fun?" Shaun asked.

"Yeah it's actually really fun" I smiled broadly.

"I know right guys" Ally joined us and put her arm around my shoulders

"Yeah" Shaun smiled. "Anyway Mila, I wanted to ask you something"

I looked at him curiously "What?"

He looked at Ally then back at me "Do you maybe wanna go out sometime?"

Why Shaun, why did you have to do that? I didn't reply, I didn't know how to let him down.

"You don't have to give me an answer now" he said when I didn't reply. "Just think about it okay?"

I simply nodded.

"Great, well I'm gonna go say hello to some more people"

He left without another word.

"Oh my God Mila" Ally excitingly clapped her hands.

I forgot she was even there. Shit.

"Don't" I begged her not to talk about it. "I'm going toilet" I walked off. I wasn't actually going to the toilet I just wanted to escape the situation.

I rounded the corner and Lauren was there surrounded by people laughing. I leaned against the door frame watching her.

Her head glanced my way and her eyes locked with mine. My heart fluttered as she smiled widely at me. My grinned matched hers instantly. She looked back to the group and said something and then started walking toward me.