13.

LAUREN

Camila was sitting next to me and she was jumping at everything, it was quite funny. It was the middle of the movie, and actual scary things were happening. The man dressed as a clown was in the house.

Camila put her hands to her face peeking through her fingers. I stopped looking at her and watched the movie excited for the suspense.

The clown ran his knife along the wall making a screeching sound. The camera changed to the two teenage girls hiding in the closet. My heart sped up as the clown reached the room they were in. He got to the closet but never opened it, he left the room and the shot was on the girls again as they sighed in relief.

They quietly stepped out of the closet hand in hand trying to escape the house. They left the room and started walking toward the front door.

I could see Camila remove her hands from the corner of my eye.

They tried to open the door but it was locked.

They looked at each other as they could hear the knife being scraped against the walls.

Just then the clown jumped out and grabbed one of the girls. Camilas hand reached for mine as she jumped. She squeezed it because she was frightened. I looked at her confused. She glanced at me and slowly removed her hand with apologetic eyes.

We watched the rest of the movie without contact.

__________

"So what now?" Normani asked.

"Well we could go back to mine?" Dinah asked

We all agreed and jumped in my car as I was the only one who drives.

Normani took the seat next to mine while everyone else was in the back. "Cars still spotless then?" Ally stated.

"Yeah you know me, I hate mess"

"Hmm" Dinah started "except that one time-"

"Er shut up Dinah" I cut her off and fake smiled at her through the mirror.

She held her hands up and giggled.

"Whaaaaat" Normani whined "I don't know this story"

"And you never will" I glared at Dinah through the mirror once again.

We all got into dinahs house and I was thankful her family wasn't there to hug me and tell me its good to see me. I didn't want that.

"So Mila" Ally started "do you like any boys at school"

I looked down at my phone pretending not to listen. I could tell she glanced at me but I ignored it.

"Er not really"

I felt relieved for some reason, I shouldn't feel relieved for fuck sake.

"What about Shaun?" Dinah carried on.

I looked up then and Camilla locked eyes with me. I looked away after I felt my stomach flip over.

"I think he likes you" Ally agreed.

Camila frowned "We're just friends"

"I heard from Abby who heard from Nick that he likes you" Ally told her.

"Oh" Camila looked down embarrassed.

"Would you ever consider it?" Dinah asked.

I looked at camila again and she was deflecting her eyes from mine. She shrugged her shoulders. "I haven't really thought about it"