41.

CAMILA

Normani is acting really strange with me recently. She keeps looking at me and when I catch her she diverts her eyes and I don't know what to do.

Like right now we're sat in the libaray studying and I can see her through my peripheral vision.

"Guys" Dinah whisper shouts as we all look at her.

"Friday sleepover?"

Normani and I nod and Ally soon follows.

"But not at mine" Dinah adds.

Oh no. Shit.

My eyes widen as I can see how this conversation will go. Please please someone else offer.

"I can't do it at mine" Ally whispers

I open my mouth to say I can't either but Normani already starts talking "I can try and see what my parents say"

I gulp and thank everything that Normani has saved me.

"If not camila is your place okay?" Ally asks

I look around the table and Normani is looking at me with something else. "Erm, I dont- I don't know"

Why couldn't I have just said no like Ally did. For fuck sake.

"Lauren?" Dinah asks thinking of a solution not knowing that is also not going to work.

I want he ground to swallow me up.

"Guys, you've already invited yourselves round there once, don't push it" Normani warns them

They give each other a look and then nod in agreement like they all know something I don't. Let's be honest that's probably the case.

"Mani, Mila can you guys ask tonight and message in the chat"

We both nod but me more unenthusiastically.

I grab my phone from my bag and type out a quick text to Lauren to let her know

Camila: heads up, sleepover on Friday and they asked me to do it round mine (which is technically your house) Idk why I didn't say no. I just said 'idk' like an idiot. I'm sorrrrrrrry

I put my phone in between my legs so I can feel the vibrate for when Lauren messages me back. We've been good ever since the wedding and it feels too good to be true. Maybe this will set her off.

My phone buzzes and I quickly grab it.

Lauren: Ah damn, we'll have to come up with an excuse dw. You're not an idiot, far from it.. :) how's school?

I smile at the message and quickly type out a response. Once I send I look up to Normani staring at me again.

Camila: You seem calm? I expected more fireworks. It's the same old boring things, would rather be at home!

My phone buzzes again and it takes all of me not to grab at it straight away. I don't want any of the girls to start asking questions.

I wait a few minutes and look at the message.

Lauren: Excuse me, would you rather I go off on one? Come home then, you know you'd have more fun;)