7.

LAUREN
I know I shouldn't be listening but I couldn't help it. Once I heard parts of their conversation I just carried on listening. It was wrong yes but what could I do now? 

Sinu sounds like she's going back downstairs, shit. 

No sudden movements to make any noise Lauren. And she's gone. Phew.

"Enjoying yourself?" I heard Camilla from her room. 

Was she talking to me? No, she couldn't have known I was listening. I could hear her shuffling around in her room and in a few seconds she was out in the hallway outside of my door.

"I know you were listening" she stated. 

I didn't reply.

"God Lauren. The least you could do is reply" I didn't, I thought that if I didn't, I could get away with her thinking I wasn't there. Stupid I know. I swear I could hear her hand on my door like she was contemplating coming in. But after that I didn't hear anything, she must have gone. 

"Sorry" I whispered knowing she wasn't there to hear it.

"For what?" I jumped at the reply realising she was still there. She was so silent though I thought she was gone. She tricked me.

Now I'd have to reply, this was beginning to turn into a full on conversation and I didn't want that.

I sighed "listening" I wasn't just apologising for that and I think she knew that otherwise she wouldn't have asked what for. I was apologising for being closed off and rude but I'd never let her know that. 

"Oh" she sounded disappointed.

I felt myself frown even more, why was I letting her get to me? I've only known her 3 days.

Flashback 

"How do you know you're in love?" Taylor asks one of her many questions she thinks I know the answers to. 

"I don't know, I'm only 9, why don't you ask Mum?"

"She's out, please"
I shrugged "Well I don't know but I guess you'd know when you can't stop thinking about them and you always want to be with them" 

"Really?"

I rolled my eyes "Tay, I don't know, I'm just saying what I've heard from movies" 

"Hmm, do you have a boyfriend?"

I laughed a small laugh "No, do you?" 

She looked down and blushed a little. She's only 5 and she's beating me at life. I knew it was only kid stuff but I still entertained it because it was special to her.

"Who is he?"

She blushed even more, awwww she could be so cute sometimes "Matt"

"I don't think I've met him have I?" 

I shook her head.

"Does mum know?" 

She shook her head again "Don't tell her please"

I smiled at her, "I won't tell anyone, I promise" I held out my picky and she did the same as we made a pinky promise. 

"Why don't you have a boyfriend?"

I laughed "Tay, I'm only 9, I don't want a boyfriend" 

"When you get one would you tell me?"

I nodded "I promise you'll be the first to know" 

She smiled a goofy smile and looked pleased with herself. "You're my best sister Lauren" she would always say this, it was kind of cute I guess it would have been cuter if I wasn't her only sister.

"You're my best sister too Tay" I took her face in my hands and squeezed it so her face resembled a fish. 

"Stop it" Taylor muffled giggling.

I let go and smiled at my younger sister, I loved her so much. she was annoying yes but so cute when she wanted to be.

________________

"Well I'm going now, see you Lauren" she sounded sad

I swung open the door "wait"

She looked up at me shocked, why did I tell her to wait? I didn't even have a reason other than the fact her sad voice made me want to cheer her up.

She kept staring at me expecting me to say something, well I had told her to wait. Fuck I don't know what to say now. 

"Well.." She asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Mila! Come and play with me!" Thank you Sofia. Thank you so much for saving me. 

"I should go" she didn't wait for a response but headed downstairs and all I could do was watch her.

Why the fuck am I letting her mood get to me? I don't even know her and I sure as hell don't want to get to know her.