22.

CAMILA

"Hey Camila can you go and get some wood for the fire?" Michael asks me "Take Lauren with you" 

I nod and crawl into our tent. 

Lauren is lying down with her eyes closed. Typical. 

"Wake up" 

She jumps and sits up "What the fuck" 

I snigger at her reaction "We have to get some fire wood" 

She groans but leaves the tent anyway. 

I get out too and follow her into the forest. "Wait" 

She stops to wait for me even though her face doesn't look too happy about it. As I reach her she starts moving again. 

"What kind of wood are we looking for?" I asked her seeing as she knows 'everything'. 

"Dry wood, we don't want wet ones because they wont burn, we need some small pieces to start the fire and then big ones to add in later" 

I nod and start to look around for wood. 

"We wont find any here" she informs me. I look at her for a reason why. "We have to go deeper into the forest, not by the path. 

"But" I started but didn't finish. The truth is I was scared to go into the forest, sure there's probably nothing out there but you never know. 

"What" she raised her brows "scared?" 

"Pst, no" I lied. 

"Great, lets go then" She started walking deeper into the forest and I stayed right behind her. I looked around trying to see if I could see any animals. 

I wasn't looking for wood anymore. 

"Look, what about over there" She pointed forward even deeper in the forest. She went up to it and I stuck by her side. She knelt down and huffed. "It's wet" 

I didn't really care. I was too scared. 

She got up and walked even further spotting another pile of wood. "Wait" I whispered "Stop walking so fast" 

"Why are you whispering" She asked

"Animals might hear us" I told her keeping my level low. 

"Camila, there are no animals out here" 

Just as she said that I heard a crunching sound behind me. I grabbed Lauren's arm and went to stand next to her. I looked at where the noise came from but I couldn't see anything. 

"I heard something" I whispered holding her arm for dear life. 

She looked at me and took my hand in hers. "It's fine, nothings there" 

I heard it again and looked up at her. Her eyes widened and I could tell she heard it too. 

She squeezed my hand and stepped back pulling me with her. We moved away slowly and my heart was beating fast from being so incredibly scared. 

Our movements came faster as we stepped back. Her foot got caught on a piece of wood on the floor and she fell on her back pulling me down on top of her. 

Shit. 

"Sh" I told her. 

I closed my eyes and hid my face in her neck scared of the noise coming closer. 

We stayed in that position for a few minutes until Lauren spoke "It's okay" She stroked my back "Look, its just a squirrel" 

I looked up hesitantly and saw the squirrel running up the tree next to us.

"Oh" I suddenly became embarrassed. 

I looked at her and our faces were centimetres away from each other. "Sorry" I whispered looking into her eyes. She was staring back at me. Her hands were still on my back stroking it. Fuck I wanted to kiss her. I looked down at her lips and then looked away realising what I was doing. "Can I get up" I asked indicating that she should move her arms from my back. 

"Yeah" She whispered back still not moving them. 

I looked at her again and her eyes were still on mine. I couldn't take this. What is she doing to me? 

My right hand reached her face and stroked it involuntarily. What am I doing. Her eyes closed at my touch. "Let me get up then" I whispered. 

Her eyes fluttered open and she let go of my back. I removed my hand from her face and stood up. I put my hand down to her so she could take it. She took it gratefully and pulled herself up. 

_______________________

We didn't talk about what happened. We just found the wood and returned to our site. We didn't really talk after the moment we had. I was still so confused as to what actually happened. I still am. 

We're all around the camp fire, before we were melting marshmallows but now we're just trying to stay warm.

"Right, I'm going to bed" Lauren spoke. 

"Goodnight" Michael says before kissing her cheek. 

"I think we might go too" Sinu says. 

"I want to come" Sofia says running up to my mother. 

"Don't you want to share with Lauren and Mila?" My mother asks. 

She shakes her head "I'm too scared" she frowns. Shes SO cute. 

"Okay, you can stay with us" Michael grabs her and puts her on his lap. 

She leans into him and he carries her into their tent. 

"Night baby" My mother says to me before entering her tent. 

"Night" 

Me and Lauren would be sharing a tent all by ourselves. Sure there was enough space that for us to be nowhere near each other but still I was so nervous. I decided that I should probably go inside too considering I was the only one outside. I unzipped our tent and let myself in. I zipped in back up and instantly felt cold. 

Lauren was laying down on the right side of the tent. 

I got in on the left side and pulled the covers as closely to me as possible but I couldn't help the shiver that left my mouth. I tried to warm myself up but I kept on shivering. 

I rubbed my arms up and down until I felt someones hand replace mine. Lauren was behind me rubbing my arm up and down trying to create friction. Her heat from her body instantly warmed me up. I turned around so that I was facing her. I grabbed her jumper and pulled her toward me. I hid my face in her chest hugging her. 

She hugged me tight rubbing my back in circular movements trying to keep me warm. 

I don't know why I did what I did next. I kissed her neck. She stopped her movements on my back but soon carried on. I kissed her again and she stopped again. 

Her grip on my back got tighter which made me think she wanted me to carry on. I took my right hand and pushed her face away from me giving me more access to her neck. 

I kissed her up and down her neck so softly. 

"Mmm" She let out. 

I smiled against her neck and trailed my kisses to her jaw line until my lips were on top of hers. She kissed me back and I loved it. 

Our kisses were slow and gentle. Fuck I loved it. Her hands behind my back pulled me closer so that our hips jerked together. 

"Fuck" I whispered. 

"What are we doing?" She whispered between kisses. 

"I don't know" I replied kissing her back. "Should we stop?" I asked her leaning my forehead against hers. 

"No" She leaned in again capturing my lips with hers. 

Fuck.