18.1

"Yoongi..."

I say in awe, still not believing that he's standing in front of me. The bus starts to move as he snickers rudely and rolls his eyes before harshly taking my bag and lunch box then tossing it down on the floor. He takes a seat beside me and I follow him with my eyes.

"You're creeping me out." He says as he looks at me then looks back. He puts his hand on one of his pockets then takes it out as he sighs. "Fuck."

"What's wrong?" I ask.

He looks at me then shifts his eyes to the earphones that is now on my lap. He looks at me again with a softer expression now.

"Can I borrow this?" His soft expression went away as soon as he grab hold of my earphones and he plugs it into his phone jack.

"Hell no!" I held the wire of the earphones and tried to pull it out. "This is my only-"

He grabs my wrists and stops me. "Please. I get dizzy when I don't listen to music. It's your fault why I forgot about it anyway."

"What the hell, I didn't even do anything! And how can you not bring your own earphones, you have them with you all. the. time." I say as I frustratingly turn to him.

"I just got home from work and went straight here." He lets go of my wrist. "I didn't go home to take stuff with me."

"I can see that. Why didn't you at least ask your parents to bring your stuff?"

He went silent for a minute and looked outside the window. The sun is starting to rise, but it's still quite dark. The bus moves on a moderate pace, enough to blur the dark looking trees that we pass by.

"I didn't tell them." He finally says. "They wouldn't let me, so I just decided on my own."

"Yoongi!" My eyes widen on their own for a second. "Why would you do that?"

"I thought about what you said," he paused. "And you were right, I should at least experience what field trips are like."

I smiled and looked outside the window. Even though I felt like I made a bad choice by standing up to Yoongi's father, he still paid attention the things I said. He... listened to me. And he didn't just listen, he also acknowledged me.

"You look like an idiot, smiling to yourself like that." He mutters with a slight smile, plugging the earphones into both of his ears.

"Fine, i'll let you use my earphones this time, but..." I bit my lip. "I can't get through road trips without listening to music."

"I guess you will today." He shrugs and starts to play music. I take out one of the earphones to get his attention.

"Can... we at least share?" I ask politely, looking down.

He groans as he rolls his eyes and harshly puts the earphone in my ear that is closer to him. "There, now shut up."

His music is different from the music I have been listening to my entire life. I always tend to listen to ballads, those slow and relaxing music. A little bit of funkiness and energetic music is okay sometimes, especially when i'm doing the laundry or working out a little, but most of the time, ballads are my way to go.

On the other hand, his music is... hip hop. I think this is what they call 'rap'. It's very popular here in Korea nowadays, and I can see it being much more popular on the mid to late 2010's. It's loud, it's powerful, and it's very solid.