54.0

"I knew it."

That's the first thing my mom has said when she entered the door and see Yoongi and I standing right next to each other. She had a bag of take out food from her favorite restaurant, the house keys on her other hand.

Her hair is all over the place, loose strands sticking out here and there from her bun. She's still wearing her white coat, which probably meant she just got out of the hospital.

But why would they come home now? Why now when Yoongi is here?

I looked at him from the corner of my eye and see a droplet of sweat on his temple. He's looking at my mom with his empty stare.

"Hello, Mrs. Lee." He greets like he is about to pass out.

"Min Yoongi." My mom replies back, walking past us and into the dining table to place the plastic bag on top of it. "Nice to finally meet you."

She probably remembers him from the hospital, right? Why else would she possibly know him?

Her tone is serious but I can see the anger building up on her eyes. She's infuriated, but can't show it. I know her. If there's someone who's good at hiding her feelings in front of people for her own reputation, it's my mom.

"Mom," I started as I slowly hold Yoongi's hand. As I finally get to touch his cold palms, he tightens his grip on mine, giving me a signal. I take a deep breath before I started to speak again. "He is my boy-"

"Save it." My mom interrupts me, flashing me a forced smile. She sits down at one of the dining chairs and crosses her legs. "Let's wait for your dad."

What is she playing?

What is she even doing?

Does she know?

"What's going on?" My dad enters the room, the car keys dangling from his fingers. He instantly eyes Yoongi, then at me, and finally to my mom.

"Oh nothing." She continues to continues to fake a smile as she shakes her head. "Just your daughter introducing someone special to us."

"You're the boy I payed bills for." He says, pointing at Yoongi as he shakes his finger slowly. "I remember because you're the first person who has ever made my daughter cry like that."

What is he saying?

"Thank you," Yoongi instantly says, loosening his grip from my hand. "Thank you so much for that, I didn't have a chance to say it properly before."

If he only knew.

If he only knew that they helped him just because it kept me distracted. If he only knew that everything is still about me and my studies and their reputation.

They don't deserve that gratitude.

My dad looked at my mom for a second, my mom shrugging at him. He then faces Yoongi and I again. "So, tell me, Eunji. What is it you want to say?"

I looked at Yoongi, his face appearing to be much calmer than before. And in fact, he looked a bit confident. He probably was thinking that my parents are nice and all, but this is all an act. As soon as he leaves this house, the angels will turn into demons.

"I, um..." I said, still looking at Yoongi. He looks back at me and half smiles as he nods, encouraging me to continue. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words are coming out.

My parents' eyes are sticked to us, gawking at us like they are a predator and we are their prey. They await for me to continue, but I just can't seem to do it.

"I am dating your daughter." Yoongi breaks the silence as he confidently says. "I am her boyfriend."

"Well," my dad says after a good ten seconds of silence. "We would love to have dinner with you but i'm sure you are a very busy-"

"No, I can-" Yoongi cuts him off but ended up being overlapped by my dad's voice, louder than the usual.

"I'm sure you have lots of stuff to do." He says with a forced smile and opens the door, leaving a huge open gap. He looks at Yoongi and I, obviously waiting.

"Dad, please." I begged, not letting go of Yoongi's hand. He pretended like he didn't hear anything and kept his hand pushing the door open.

"It was lovely to meet you." He says again.

Yoongi looks at me with a worried face, but as I looked into his eyes, I realized that he wasn't just worried. He was also disappointed.

He's hurt.

I don't want him to think that he's not good enough to be my boyfriend. He is beyond perfect and I love him for who he is.

"Dad, mom." I bravely say, holding back Yoongi's hand as he started to pull away. "I love him. I'm sorry, but I love him."

"I said leave!!!" My dad shouted, his hand banging the door loudly into the wall, still holding it open. I looked over at my mom who seemed like she's not even inside the room. She starts setting the table with chopsticks and couldn't be bothered at all.

"I'll... i'll see you at school." Yoongi whispers to me as he lets go of my hand, my hand lifelessly falling back into my side. He then bows in front of my dad and turns to bow at my mom who didn't even dare to look at him.

For a moment, I thought that at the second Yoongi left our house, my dad would've hurt me. He could've threw things at me, or even slap me. He could've even shout at me.

But I was wrong.

He silently walks into the dining table, his heavy feet stomping into the floor. He sits down and takes the wooden chopstick and breaks it into two with shaking hands as he stared right ahead of him.

It would have been better if he could hurt me instead, because that's going to heal. He could've shouted at me or told me how much of a disgrace I am into this family.

But no.

Because the punishment I received is way worse than any of that.

He breathes out heavily, the chopsticks still on his hands as he spoke.

"You will not be seeing him again."