18.4

"Settle down, guys."

Our teacher shushes everyone as we got to our seats inside the theatre. It was a big opera house, it's a place where most orchestra bands has played before.

On the stage a black grand piano with an empty seat. The walls and floors are made of light and shiny wood. The whole middle row of the seats are filled of the students from the field trip, while the others aren't as full. They were also some older people who was watching it, but the fact that they're probably the same age as my grand parents bothers me.

It must be a performance with classical music. There is no way that old people would watch it if it's going to be modern, like what most of us are expecting.

The lights from the top slowly dims until it becomes pitch black inside the theatre. A spot light was lit, aiming at the piano, still without someone to play.

Yoongi suddenly stands up from our seat, and even though we're at the far back, it still bothered some people behind us.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"I'm moving to the front." He says without looking back, and starts to walk down the steps. I immediately stand up and follow him, being very careful with my steps. I couldn't see where I was stepping, so I had to feel the edge of the steps with my toes first before I proceed.

When Yoongi and I finally reached the front, there was barely anyone from there. It was just our teacher and the other teachers from all of the busses. Yoongi sat two seats beside our teacher, while I sat beside him.

A man wearing a suit comes out from the side of the stage, his shoes making a clacking sounds against the wooden floor. He's a foreigner with blonde hair and blue eyes, and he appeared to be in his late twenties. The chatter has simmered down as soon as he sat down on the chair in front of the piano.

He introduces himself briefly, and starts to press on the keys, testing the tune. A woman comes from the side of the stage and wears a mini microphone on the pianist, resting on his right cheek.

"Canon." He says the title, and pauses. He takes a deep breath and stretches both of his arms, twisting his fingers together.

Oh, I know this piece.

He starts playing the piano, his fingers moving swiftly. The tune echoed throughout the whole theatre, and it amazed everyone. As he finishes, everyone was caught in a trance and didn't allow us to applause right away.

We wanted to hear more.

We clapped both of our hands together and when it gradually the decreases, the pianist faces us.

"Hello, how are you doing?" The foreigner says, speaking in our language. How did he manage to know Korean? His Korean is not that good, but it was good enough to hold a conversation.

"Good!" The audience says.

"Awesome." He says as he turns back into the piano. "The person who guesses the next piece i'm playing will get a special prize."

Everyone cheered. I bet he's going to play a foreign song. It's a challenge, isn't it? Or maybe the elderly people would probably get it.

"You probably heard this song once or twice before, but for all the people I met here in Korea, only three of them knows the title." He says before pressing the keys individually for checking.