42.0

"So, what happens now?"

Yoongi asks as we sit on the cold snow covered ground, our backs leaning against the railing. I've never sat this close to him before. Our shoulders are practically touching, almost overlapping each other.

"What happens now?" I ask him the same as I stare ahead of me. The snow continues to fall, but it's only the two of us here. His warmth was enough to keep me wanting to stay.

"I told you i'm not... good with this." He hesitatingly says, pausing at his words. "I've never been in a relationship before."

"I haven't either." I say, feeling my heart fluttering inside. I can feel something warm and fuzzy inside my stomach, like butterflies flying around. "We're on the same boat."

He looks up and blows air into his hands as he cups it around his mouth, then rubs it together to form friction and heat. He probably didn't expect that he'll be staying in the cold for a long time.

I remove one of my fleece gloves and reach for his ice cold hand. I gently put the glove over it, then place it back to his side. I then take his other hand and my ungloved hand, looking at him before I do anything else.

"C-can I?" I stuttered as I held his hand across his palm. He nods.

I take his hand and slowly intertwine out fingers, his cold hands wrapping my own. My hand appeared like a baby's compared to his, he's practically covering it. As I felt his fingers calming down and relaxing as it finally intertwine naturally with mine, I let out a smile as I insert both of our hands together inside the pocket of my coat.

We stayed seated in silence for minutes. But it didn't feel awkward or weird at all, it felt nice and comforting. It felt like finally being able to go home. It feels like home.

"I'm sorry about everything," I said all of the sudden, not sure how it came out of my mouth. "I'm just sorry for causing you and your family troubles."

"Don't worry about it," he whispers, shaking his head. "Thank you for paying the hospital bills."

"What?" I look at him as my eye enlarges, my brows furrowing. "What are you talking about?"

"The hospital bills." He says, looking back at me. "We didn't have to pay any hospital bills because it was already paid."

"But I didn't-"

And that's when I realized who might have paid for it. My memories from Christmas day started to play into my mind. The presents, the red envelope with nothing but a paper on it.

You'll find out soon.

Is that why they've been warning me not to be distracted? Is this why they've been forcing me to tell them if there's something wrong? Is this why they constantly ask me if everything's okay?

They knew all along but waited for me to tell them myself.

It all makes sense now.

"Hey, are you okay?" Yoongi asks, turning to face me. He withdraws his hand from my pocket and stares at me. "Please stop crying, I don't know how to comfort people."

"You don't have to, it's just..." I sniff. "My parents, they.. t-they're probably the ones who paid for your bill and i've been treating them like trash."

He sighed. "It can't be helped."

I wipe the tears from my cheek with the back of my hand and look up at him. I shouldn't be spoiling the mood right now. I really shouldn't.

I should be enjoying my night with him, the night where he finally tells me he feels the same way about me. The night which I never thought would happen in my reality but only in my dream.

He looks into his phone but puts it back into his pocket after a second with a smile. He then stands up and shakes off the snow on his behind. "Stand up, i'll show you something."

I stand up as my eyes continued to be glued onto him. "What is it?"

"You'll see." He says with a sly smile as he reach for my wrist and drags me out of the rooftop and into the stairs.

*

We went into the park.

Who the hell would go to the park at 1:30 am in the morning?

Apparently in this case, that's us.

"What are we doing here? Are you crazy?" I ask him as continue to pull on me, walking quicker and quicker as we approach the bridge.

"Just shut up and you'll see."

As we approach the bridge where I first hang out with him, where I first got to stare at his angelic face, and where I first get to talk to him alone, that's when I realized that it wasn't just a bridge now.

It's like a party.

A hidden party only enclosed to trusted people. The selected people who are only eligible to be invited. And of course there wasn't many at first glance, but as we walked closer, I can see no less than twenty bodies all clumped under the bridge.

The place had portable lights and speakers, giving the bridge a different aura. An aura that I have never seen before. We walked closer and closer, and two guys waved at Yoongi as they saw us walking towards them.

Yoongi let go of my wrist to bump his fist with the two other guys. They looked like common people, there was nothing special about them besides the way they dress. One of them was wearing an overly loose pants, while the other is wearing a super baggy sweater that appeared to be three times larger than his actual size. They both had cigarettes between their fingers, a can of beer on the other hand.

"Who's this?" the guy with loose pants asked Yoongi, making him look back at me. For some reason, it felt like he completely has forgotten about me.

"This is Eunji," he says as he takes back my hand, pulling me closer to him. The two guys looked at each other, then both looked back at us. Yoongi opened his mouth but no words came out. He shook his head as he closed his eyes before finally continuing.

"My girlfriend."