22.0

The sun has already come out when Yoongi left my house. He looked much better than last night, and it seems like he has recovered. But i'm not that sure if he's feeling better emotionally.

After finding out what happened, I couldn't help but feel bad about him. He wanted that machine so much, he wanted to have it so badly that he wasn't getting proper meals and hustling to work right after school every single day to get it. I know that he got it as a gift from the pianist, but still, the value is something you couldn't replace.

How could a father destroy something that makes his son happy?

It doesn't make sense to me.

I walk back into the kitchen to tidy up and clean up the dishes that Yoongi and I used. I was glad that he had finished his soup, and it made me feel warm inside knowing that me may have liked it.

As I pass by the counter, a calendar was sitting there. It's already on the last week of November. That does explain the rainy and cold weather.

But wait, that meant one thing.

Christmas is almost here.

Christmas is the time you give presents to each other, right? I want to give Yoongi a present. I want to give him something that he'll be happy to have.

The Maschine.

Of course! I'll give him the machine. But it's too expensive. I don't have that much money on me since I only depend on my allowance that my parents give me. And if I ask them for that amount of money, they'll probably say no if they figure out that i'm using it to buy him a present.

Then suddenly, a lightbulb appeared inside my mind and I smiled so wide that my lips almost touched my ears. I take the phone from the kitchen counter and dialed Yuri's number.

She's the perfect person to help me.

*

"My father is actually looking for someone to help me during the evenings," Minho who is pouring coffee beans into the espresso machine says with a smile. "And I think she'll be perfect here, especially because she's Eunji."

Yuri looked at me with doubt in her eyes. "Are you sure about this? Does auntie and uncle know?"

Yuri and I have been best friends for a long time that she started calling my mom and dad her aunt and uncle.

"Yes and no." I answered. "It's just going to be for a few weeks anyway, so they won't find out."

"Eunji-ah." She glares at me. "You're going to skip night school everynight and get your first job without your parents knowing? I'm not sure about this..."

"Yuri, please" I pleaded with desperation in my tone. "I really want this job."

"Let this pretty lady work with me, Yuri." Minho says with a smirk on his face. "You don't have to worry, i'm not going to bite her. I'm going to take care of her."

"If I find out you do anything perverted to her," Yuri breathes deeply. "I'll kick you in the balls so hard that you wouldn't be able to walk for two months."

He held up both of his hands and stepped away from us. "Hands off, I understand."

He then turns and entered the stock room behind the counters. Yuri rotates her stool so that she could face me. "Why do you want to get a job? Aren't your parents giving you allowance?"

"They are, but..." I chew my bottom lip. "I want to buy Yoongi a Christmas present and-"

"So this is about him again?" Yuri crosses both of her arms. "Eunji-ah, you're being too much. Are you sure you only like him?"

"What do you mean?" I look up at her.

"You started making him lunches everyday, you skip night classes to be with him, and now you're going to get a job to give him a present." She flicks off her fingers every time. "Having a crush on someone doesn't make you do those things."

"I-I still don't get it." I stare at her, dumbfounded. "What are you trying to point out?"

"I don't think you only like him." She said. "I think you're starting to love him."

"No, no, no." I shake my head violently. "That's impossible."

"You're falling for him and you're unaware of it." She says in a low voice before sipping from her mug, foamy milk staining her upper lip.

Am I falling in love with Yoongi? Is that why I am always eager to make him happy? Is that why i'm always worried about him? Is that why I always want to make sure that he's okay and he's getting proper meals?

Is that why I couldn't stop thinking about him?

Minho comes back from the stock room with a rag and a spray bottle in his hands. "So, when can you start?"

"Oh, um," I say, finding my sense kicking back into me. "As soon as possible."

"Great," he says, smiling to both Yuri and I. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

As Yuri and I both walk out of the coffee shop, the thought didn't go away. Can Yuri possibly be right? Could I possible be falling for him?

I shut my eyes and felt the cool wind brush on my face as Yuri pushes the glass door open, my mind still confused at what Yuri as pointed out. Me, falling in love someone and let alone with Min Yoongi?

But maybe I really am.