20

8:32 am - [ tuesday ]

"You what?!"

Yuri was shocked. She was beyond surprised when I told him that I confirmed myself that I liked Min Yoongi.

A person who I thought I would never like.

"I-I like him." I repeat, looking down on the floor as I fidget.

"Look, being stuck alone in the museum with him is one thing but," she pauses, opening her mouth before finally continuing. "I've never thought you'd like someone from our class."

"I didn't either." I admit. "I didn't realize that I was liking him until I saw him play the piano."

"Don't you think you liked him because he knows how to play the piano?"

"Then why don't I like any other pianists?" I defensed. "I mean, in a romantic way."

"Romantic?!" She frowns again. "Eunji, i'm... I never thought... You're finally a lady!"

She launches herself at me, hugging me tightly.

"Ah, Yuri, seriously." I say as I pull away from her and arrange the lunch box from the floor since it was knocked down. "I just like him, that's all."

"Oh, a lunch box!" She gasps as she smiles widely. "Did you put my favorite in it?"

"It's not for you." I spat, hitting her arm as she tries to take it. "I made it for someone else."

"Let me guess," she says, putting both of her hands on her waist. "Min Yoongi!"

If it wasn't for the bell ringing at the same time Yuri shouted his name, we would've been caught red handed by our classmates.

I looked around and see the students walking to their seats, getting ready for the first lesson. I scanned through the room until I reached Yoongi's seat.

His seat is empty.

Why is he not here?

Is he sick? Oh my god, what if he worked himself so hard that he couldn't go to school today? What if he got a cold? What if he's in danger? What if he didn't get enough meals that he collapsed and is now in the hospital?

... or maybe he just was tired from going straight to work after our filming last night that he skipped school today.

Yeah, that must have been it.

"Yuri," I call for her. "I guess you can take the lunch box."

*

9:17 am - [ wednesday ]

I keep on remembering the night we were together at the field trip, and when we said our goodbyes, he was extremely happy going home with the machine he's been working hard for in his hands.

I want to see him. I want to know that he's okay, that nothing is wrong with him. I just want to make sure.

I looked back at his seat again and look at his friends' seats. I want to ask them if they know anything about Yoongi's condition right now, but i'm scared that they'll flick me off.

And they don't look worried at all.

They're just the same noisy, easy going group in the class even though Yoongi is gone.

Maybe he just have a fever or something? Maybe he'll get better soon?

I can't, this is killing me. I can't focus on anything when I know that Yoongi might be suffering right now.