23.0

"Oh, Eunji-ah!"

Minho waves his hand from behind the counter full of pastries with different shapes and sizes.

"Hello!" I bowed as I rubbed my feet down on the rag. The rain that was pouring outside had stained my school shoes. I close off the sky blue umbrella and shake the extra droplets of water off.

There was barely anyone inside the coffee shop. There was a couple at the end of the room, taking pictures together. Another was a group of girls who looked like were on a break from work.

I make my way to the counter, hugging the books I brought home with me close to my chest.

"Ready to start your first day?" Minho asked, washing his hands at the sink just beside the espresso machine.

"Yes, i'm excited." I politely say.

Minho goes to the back room and comes out with a set of brown t-shirt and slacks, as well as a white apron. "Put these on. You could use the back room to get changed."

"Thank you." I bow as I take the garments from him. I enter the back room and see a set of lockers on one side, then three wooden benches placed strategically to fit in a tiny room. A plastic drawer is also on one corner of the room, which i'm guessing where he got this uniform from.

Before I could shut the door, and get changed, Minho pops his head into the remaining crack with a grin on his face. "Don't wear the apron too tightly or else I wouldn't be able to focus on my job."

What the hell.

He sticks his head out of the crack and closed the door open.

What that does even mean? Is that what Yuri meant when she warned him? I guess he is a kind of a flirt, but a pervert too?

I shake the thought away and get changed into the uniform, making a lose knot at the back of the apron.

*

"How do I put the foamed milk? Do I just pour it?" I ask Minho who is busy making an americano on the other side of the counter. I hold the handle of the metal cup where the foamed milk is, while the cup of espresso is resting peacefully in front of me.

He looks at me then walks to me, but to my surprise, he didn't stand beside me, but he stood behind me. I can feel and hear his faint breathing on my right ear, making me shift uncomfortably.

But then he grasps my hand which is holding the metal cup. He's so close to me that I can feel his chest touching my back. He lifts up my hand with his, then pours the milk into the cup of espresso, shaking my hands lightly.

"Easy, right?" He whispers, as the milk fills the cup up into the top.

I let of the mug and set it aside, Minho finally letting go of my hand.

He steps beside me and I moved back away farther from him. Why do I feel like my personal space has been invaded?

"I'll finish that up, give the americano to the customer."

"Okay." I say almost too immediately, desperate to get away from his space.

"Medium Americano." I say out loud to the customers waiting by the counter. But as I try to put a lid into the plastic cup, I pressed it hard enough that it tumbled down, spreading the ice and all of its contents into the counter. Soon enough, it drips into the floor, and the face of the customer was rather showing an unpleasant reaction.

"Get a towel." Minho whisper as he hurriedly appear behind me.

"I'm sorry." I say, not too sure what to say next.

"Just get a towel." He says again, his usual playful smile not present in his face.

As I rush to the back room to get towels, I couldn't hear anything but Minho apologizing to the customer.

*

"Thank you for today!" I say bowing at him. "I'm so sorry about the ame-"

"Don't mention it." He says with a smile, sweeping the floors. "I know you'll be better with more training."

"I'll try my best next time!" I promised him with an eager look.

"Bring some coffee with you," he says, putting the broom stick on the side. He takes a plastic cup from the counter, light smoke coming out from it. "Here."

He gives it to me and I take it with both of my hands. The warmth instantly made my hands feel comfortable.

"What is it?" I ask, taking a sip.

It tasted sweet and bitter at the same time, with a little after taste of caramel.

"Caramel macchiato." We say at the same time.

"I figured it was your favorite."

"It is." I smile. "Thank you so much."

I take my stuff and proceed walking out of the store, the coffee shop is now empty. I look back at him and wave goodbye as I held into the handle of the door.

"Take care." He waves back. "I wanna see you in the barista uniform again, so."

Seriously?

I bowed my head as I force a smile and went outside. It wasn't raining, but it was cold.

My first day at work was pretty okay, I guess. Minho was showing that he is a flirt and somewhat a maniac, but in the end, I think he still is very decent boss considering the fact that he didn't chew me out about the 'americano' incident a while ago.

He even gave me coffee on my way home. And it was my favorite.

I just hope his attitude of being a pervert doesn't get worse.