18.3

The tower isn't as far as I thought it would be. All in all, it probably took us around 30 minutes to get in there.

Once we got out of the bus, the tower looked enormous. It looked like it was touching the sky, and I couldn't believe that in a matter of minutes, I would be at the top.

We all entered, and it was just a very basic looking building. There was nothing special about it, it's just like a local hotel, I guess. Glass doors, marble walls, and some potted plants.

One of the employees welcomes us and guides us into the elevator. Since there are about two hundred students waiting for the elevator, people had to split up in groups in able to fit into the elevator.

Yoongi and I got in with eighteen other people on the third batch. Since we were the first ones to enter the elevator this time, we were squished into the corner, the side of my arm touching Yoongi's chest.

I felt like I couldn't breathe. We were so enclosed and being next to Yoongi like this... it feels much different. I take a deep breath to try and regain my regular breathing but it didn't help at all.

"What the hell are you doing?" Yoongi whispers to me, but loud enough to make the people around us look at us. "You're acting weird again."

"Shut up." I say, hitting his chest with my arm.

The elevator suddenly stops, the doors opening. I tilt my head and look at which floor we were on. We're on the highest floor.

45th floor.

The people all come out of the elevator, and so we did as well. As soon as we got out, I couldn't move.

A huge glass window is right in front of us, but not only there, but it's surrounding the whole floor. I start to walk and Yoongi follows me. I walk until we reach a space where it wasn't crowded, since there was some students already taking pictures everywhere.

I touched the glass wall. It looks like i'm on top of the world. The cars looked so small, even the houses looked like those houses from monopoly that I used to play with when I was little. The people walking on the sidewalks looked like ants. But what I liked the most is that I could see everything. I could see how the roads and streets are connected, and how huge the ocean really is. It looks like it was never ending, like it met the sky at the end.

I looked beside me and see Yoongi looking down. He was two feet away from the actual glass window, cautious that he doesn't step even closer.

"Are you scared of heights?" I ask, looking down at the smaller buildings.

"Of course not." He says, "it's just giving me a weird feeling."

I looked at the sky again, it was sky blue. A very pure blue and as it meets the ocean, it transitions into a darker blue.

"Isn't the ocean nice?" I ask. "I've never been to an ocean before."

"I haven't either." He says.

"Let's go together." I suddenly say, and as soon as it came out of my mouth, I regretted it.

I was too fixated at the ocean and the sky that I didn't notice what the hell i'm saying. I felt flustered, but right before I could tell him that I was just joking, he responds.

"We should. I've been wanting to go."

And again, my whole face got warm inside. What the hell is going on with me?

*

"Class, sit down!" The teachers scolds us while everyone is energetic.

After we left the tower, everyone is being so hyped because we're going to the market next. Not only that, but because the bus driver let us play our music into the bus' speakers, and since they're playing a song from a very popular group named Big Bang, everyone is dancing.

"When we get to the market, I expect you to behave better!" The teacher says, and just in time, the bus stops. "We're going to meet here back in the bus after an hour. Spend it wisely, alright?"

The students cheer, and all excitedly go out of the bus. Yoongi stands up from his seat and waits for the bus to be empty before going out. I follow him.

The market is full of people. There was a lot going on. It was very similar to the one in Daegu, but the street foods they have here has more influence of sea food. I guess it's because they're literally right next to the sea, but it's still quite amazing.

"Do you want to look for anything?" I ask Yoongi after just walking around for a few minutes.

"Not really, do you?" He asks.

I shake my head. "Nope."

"I guess we'll just walk then."

We kept on walking on the narrow streets and since vendors are all over the sides, with a lot of people walking in the middle, it wasn't the most comfortable experience.

There was a lot of people that I thought I was going to get lost, but finally we reached the end of the street, getting some space from all the people.

And that's when I realized that I have been tugging on Yoongi's shirt while we got mixed into the crowd, and he didn't even say anything.

"You're welcome." He says when I let go of his shirt.

"I'm sorry." I say, still not believing I just did that.

What is happening with me today?

Yoongi and I turned right, and there was more shops, but less vendors that just sells stuff on the floor. It was more like actual mini shops, with actual containers and shelves where they can put the goods they sell.

Our eyes roamed around, but as we pass by this jewelry shop, I couldn't help but stop. There was a silver necklace with a moon pendant in the display, enclosed in the glass container. I stop and look at it, lured by its beauty.

It was really just a little moon shaped pendant with nothing on it, hanging in a thin silver lace. It looked very simple, but I guess that's its charm. It stands out from the rest of the necklaces in display.

Sometimes simpler things are the most beautiful ones.

"Are you going to buy it?" Yoongi asks me while he stands beside me. "It's plain and boring."

"It's beautiful." I say, still mesmerized by it. "But no, I think it should belong to someone as special as it looks."

"Then don't waste our time." He says with a bit of annoyance in his tone. "Let's get something to eat."

And with that, he turns his back and walks away from the necklace.

And I follow him.