58.0

Yoongi easily excelled through the preliminary rounds after he was chosen from the auditions.

Everyone who had auditioned was nothing compared to how Yoongi rapped. It's my first time seeing him rap like that in front of many people, and even though he seemed quite scared at first, he ended up projecting himself well. That's because he knew that these people had the same interests that he has.

Watching him from a far, with ocean of people in front of me, is beyond perfect. This way, I can actually see everything. I can see every single move he does. The way his hand moves and gestures, the way he paces around the stage, and sometimes, they way he looks back into my eyes.

It almost felt rewarding. It felt like lying to my parents that I am going to school for a late night project is worth it.

The sun then begins to go down, being replaced by the moon that was shining ever so brightly. There were lights from each side of the stage, and as Yoongi continuously rap without any rest, people couldn't help but open their mouths in awe.

The battle soon ended, and even though he did not win the first place, he still won the second place. I was so happy when the spokesperson called his name, but I could clearly see the disappointment in his eyes. He was handed an envelope, together with a certificate that was loosely rolled.

He manages to find his way towards me, his hands full with the awards he just got. Sweat is all over his face, glistening over the moonlight.

"You did amazing." I say, trying to keep my distance from him. I can't risk his family stalking him and seeing us together. I handed him a bottle of water and he hands me the awards in return.

"Not as amazing as him but it was pretty fun." He looks at the person who won then proceeds to drink from the water bottle. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Of course not." I said, almost irritated. "You did great, okay? For me you were the best."

"Really?" He asks, his eyes beaming as he twists the cap back onto the bottle.

"Mm-hm." I nodded, exchanging the awards with the water bottle from him. "You wouldn't win second place if you did something wrong."

"Is this a diploma?" He jokes, unrolling the piece of paper as I laugh. It was an award certificate, with a blank space where the name should be written. He shrugs it off. "Guess i'll go write it myself later."

He smiled at me as he opens the envelope that is not even sealed at the first place. He lifts if up close to his face and closes one of his eyes, peeking inside of the envelope. His face instantly lit up, a wider smile appearing in his face.

"What is it?" I ask, leaning forward to try and peek from the envelope but he turns away with a smug smile.

"It's cash." He says as he closes the envelope again, then folding it in half before shoving it into his pocket. It appeared twice as thick.

He looks at me again and flashes me a reassuring smile.

"And I know exactly what to do with it."

*

"Mom, it's mandatory."

Explaining and lying to my parents at the same time is already hard, but the fact that i'm grounded and I know that what i'm asking for is merely impossible to begin with makes it harder.

"You mean to say everyone is going?" She asks, crossing her arms as she sets her tea down to the table.

"Y-yes." I stutter as I look to my dad who is in front of his laptop. He's probably working again and does not want to remember that he in fact, a respectable doctor, has a daughter like me. "O-only the chosen ones."

"Chosen ones?" She raises her eyebrows. "What do you mean there are chosen ones?"

"Only for people who had the highest grades in our class."

What a big fat lie.

She's going to find out that i'm lying. She's going to ground me even more. She's going to disown me.
She's going to kill me.

"Fine." She replies, tilting her chin up as she takes a magazine and opens it up in a random page.

Maybe I can make it happen at all.

*

Y
are you all set?
sent @ 2:34 am

Yeah, I can't wait.
Are you?
sent @ 2:35 am

Y
yep. just need to
prepare my bath stuff
sent @ 2:36 am

Bath stuff? I'm the girl here
and the boy is the one
who has 'bath stuff'.
sent @ 2:36 am

Y
hygiene is important to me
sent @ 2:39 am

Are you telling me
that i'm unhygienic? -.-
sent @ 2:40 am

Y
i love you
sent @ 2:42 am

...
sent @ 2:47 am

I love you too.
sent @ 2:48 am

Y
thought so
sent @ 2:49 am

Ugh. -___-"
sent @ 2:50 am

Y
we will park three
houses away later at 7
sent @ 2:51

That's roughly four
hours from now...
sent @ 2:51 am

Y
sleep then
sent @ 2:51 am

Fineeee, i'm going
to sleep now. ~
sent @ 2:51 am

Goodnight, jagiya. :p
sent @ 2:52 am

Y
jagiya?
sent @ 2:55 am

I was kidding
hahahahahah..
sent @ 2:56 am

Y
stupid
sent @ 2:56 am

Shut up. -.-
sent @ 2:57 am

Y
see you later, jagi
sent @ 3:00 am