Chapter 19

*Valery's pov*

One full week. One full week of ignoring Clay and his messages and man is it driving my head in. I just need him to leave me alone and today was the first day he hadn't texted me once which I was glad for but at the same time a little upset he had given up so quickly. I was still upset about our supposed to be date which ended up me seeing him with another girl who looked pregnant. Was it his baby? Was that his girlfriend he keeps from me? There was so many questions to be answer but there was no way I was going to him for them.

I scrub the table even harder, trying to let a little anger out. It was a Friday afternoon and I was working in the café again which I had to say was a good job with good pay. I walk behind the counter and start cleaning the bench when I hear a bunch of boys chatting and walking into the café. I look up and gasp quietly when I notice who they were, they were Clay's friends. Maybe he hadn't told them about me, maybe they don't even remember me.

"Why the celebration?" One of the boys says who I'm pretty sure is Tyson.

"Well Clay has finally decided to move in. We are roommates!" The blonde one says who again I'm pretty sure is Chase. So clay isn't living with his father anymore.

I grew nervous when I notice Clay walking through the door of the café and sitting with the boys. I watch as a waitress takes there order, all the guys eyeing her up and down. Bunch of pigs I must admit.

"For table five" my boss snaps me out of my thoughts as she hands me a tray with four milkshakes. I look over at Clays table and notice the number five on there table. I was not going over there to give them there drinks.

I shake my head but all she does is glare as she pushes the tray upon me. I almost groan out loud as I take all my strength to grab the tray and walk over to there table with confidence.

"Val?" Clay lightly says as I place all there milkshakes in front of them. I hate that he calls me Val, only people I like get to call me Val and I didn't like him at the moment. I quickly look at him, giving him a small smile and then walk away with the entry tray. When I get back to the kitchen I let go of the breathe I didn't even know I was holding.

For the rest of the afternoon, I watch the clock like a bomb was about to go off inside of it. Clay and his posse had left awhile ago and when it was finally seven pm I was out of that café and walking towards home. I was so over tired and just ready to be alone at home and fall asleep.

I stop kicking the gravel under my feet when I realise I was almost home, once I notice Clay's car sitting outside of my house I quickly pick up my speed and try to get past his car before he had the chance to jump out. I heard a car door slam as I hear footsteps rushing up to me. I panic as I quickly open the front door but before I could shut it behind me, clay had his foot wedged in the door.

"Valery let me in." Clay sighs knowing he'd win either way. I didn't want to talk to him, he ditched our date, what does he expect. I waited and waited for him, I even sat outside for a little bit but no one showed until Bella did who felt sorry for me and took me out which I loved her for. She tried to cheer me up but after seeing clay with that girl I was not very cheery

Clay pushes through the door, I was so weak; physical and emotionally.

"Just go away Clay" I sigh, I was so exhausted with everything and everyone.

"I'm really sorry Val" Clay says as he stands his ground showing that he wasn't going anywhere.

Sorry? That's all I get? One small word with hardly any meaning at all. Where's my explanation? I think I deserve to know what happened. I was starting to grow a little angry forgetting my exhaustion.

"I was honestly looking forward to our date Val, you have no idea but Meagan just showed up out of nowhere and I told her I had a date, there was no way I was ditching you over her. I can't stand her but she threatened me so I had no other choice. We-" he started to ramble and I quickly stop him.

"How did she threatened you?" I say a little too loudly.

"Val" he sighs and I shook my head.

"No, how clay?" I yell this time, I was pissed off now. His only excuse was that she threatened him but what did she say? Has Clay done something really bad? "And you didn't even text me Clay! I waited and waited but nothing. What's your excuse for that." I snap and his eyes are suddenly to the floor.

"I'm sorry that was an accident and I don't have an explanation for that." He admits shyly but the angry was still boiling threw my blood, I had to admit it was starting to cool down by his tone.

"What are you hiding from me Clay. What possibly could she had said to scare you so much" I say a little more calmer now as I walk closer to him and he groans.

"You'll leave me!" Clay yells which shocks me. Now he was angry, great now a yelling competition.

"You don't know that" I say and he dryly laughs.

"I do know Valery!" He shouts and my temper raises.

"Tell me Clay or get out." I snap and before I knew it my front door had slammed shut and Clay was no longer in my house.

Tears ran down my cheeks at the sudden sensation of feeling alone. I rush up to my room which was the only room that still felt alive. I put Ed Sheeran's album on and cried until there were no tears left.