Chapter 57

* Clay's pov*

"Clay?" Chases voice was laced in confusion.

"Hey Chase" I say feeling a little nervous. I left so suddenly last time I saw them and I wasn't sure how Chase felt about me right now. Not that I really cared.

"Ride finished and you want to stay here again?" His voice dripping in sarcasm.

"No." I say. Why did I even call? I guess I wanted to see how they were as I was pretty lonely here when Valery wasn't around.

"Then why are you calling Clay?" He says in a bored tone. Why is everyone bored with me?

"I guess I just wanted to see how you guys are. You know these rides can be a little lonely sometimes." I nervously chuckle the last part. Lies.

"No need to lie Clay. I know you're with her." He says and my eyes widen.

"How- what do you mean?" I mumble confused.

"She called me the first day she saw you. She got mad at me for telling you about her life and blamed me for the reason why you were back." He says, he was angry at me.

"I had to Chase-"

"No Clay. No you didn't. I don't know if you're still there but all you're going to do it make things worse. I love you man but you have to stop."

I'm not going to make things worse. I already have.

But I think the things that have happened, such as Nate, was for the best.

"Chase" I sigh

"Clay come home. The boys and I miss hanging with you and we have heaps of hot chicks here." He pleads.

No one compares to Valery.

What the fuck did you just say Clay?

Valery wasn't the first reason I was here anyways. I had to get this money sorted and I had no idea still how I was going to get it.

"I'm in trouble Chase." I blurt out.

Shit shouldn't of said that.

"What- we will help Clay." He says in his most serious tone.

I start to talk but then stop. I can't. I can't get him and the boys stuck into all this shit. This is my battle.

I hang the phone up on Chase and put my phone on silent, sliding it into my back pocket.

I check the time noticing it was quarter to nine o'clock. Shit I was meant to be at Valery's at eight.

I rush down to my bike and drive through the back roads towards Valery's dorm. Using the back roads causing me to get there faster and I can speed without getting caught by a camera.

I arrive at Valery's at nine and decide to run up the staircase instead of waiting for the elevator.

I didn't want to keep her waiting. Especially after I bugged her to come over. I needed to know she was okay and she was being cautious of her surroundings. Especially around Jordan.

As I approach her door I slow down. The hallway was pretty empty which I guess was pretty normal for a school night.

I hear light voices on the other side of her door and question to myself if I should of come. I firstly thought it would just be me and her but of course she has a roommate so we aren't always going to be alone.

I give Bella a weird look as she basically swings the door open off it's hingers. She groans as she gives me a look of disappointment. I've seen that look way to many times. I look at the crowd behind her, all eyes on me. The relief in their eyes dying immediately as they saw me.

Wow people really do hate me.

"What the hell is going on?" I say crossing my arms as I search for a pair of familiar brown eyes but she was nowhere to be seen. Just a whole bunch of guys and Bella and Valery's other friend. Senna or something?

"Have you seen Valery or spoken to her?" Bella asks as I walk into the dorm and she closes the door behind me.

"Not since this morning why?" I say, panic starting to run through me.

"She asked to use my car around three-thirty as she had an exam at four." S- I give up. Her name is S now, said from the crowd of boys.

"She texted me at five that she is going to go study at the library" Bella says continuing the story.

"And no one has heard from her since?" I say and everyone shakes their heads.

"We just got back from the library to check if she was there but she wasn't and either was Siennas car so she did leave." Scott, I'm pretty sure was his name, said. He was one of Valery's high school friends so I knew his face but I didn't know any of the others.

"We have all tried calling and texting her but no answer. I don't know if she's oka-y" Bella's voice breaks as a tear escapes her eyes, Scott is quick to wrap his arms around her.

"What is your car?" I say to S, her attention is quickly brought to me.

"Uh Toyota Corolla in black." She says and I nod and quickly rush out of the crowded dorm.

How do they think of a plan when it's too crowded to even think?

"Let us know if you find her!" Bella shouts from behind me.

"You too" I yell back as I turn to run down to stairs.

I have to find Valery.

I knew that the first spot I was going to look was definitely the beach, I know I ruined that spot for her but I think she couldn't help herself but go there still.

What if she wasn't there though? Where else would she be? I don't know her new self, her university lifestyle, I'm more hopeless then the mess that Valery calls her friends back in her dorm.

My attention is snatched towards the ambulance speeding past me from the other direction.

My heart speeds up as I try not to imagine who could be in that ambulance who was in desperate need for the hospital.

It's not her Clay, it couldn't. Just keep telling yourself she's okay.

She's okay.

I'll find her and she'll be all okay.